Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/13/2020 7:45:55 PM(EST)
Rover

United States

I've been ordering OL131WX labels for years. They've always been more expensive than the generic labels you can get on Amazon, but the quality was better.

No longer! I ordered 5,000 labels recently and just used them tonight. They've obviously changed the label formulation, and they are MUCH worse now.

The stickiness of the labels is horribly diminished. The die-cut around the labels is way worse, meaning some tear because the cut isn't uniform all the way around the label. The backing of the labels is obviously different...while this in itself isn't a problem, it's further verification that these aren't the same labels we've been ordering and getting since 2012.

Horrible.
#2 Posted : 11/15/2020 1:00:30 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with this product. I can assure you we have not made any changes to the face stock or adhesive that is being used on the product you are referencing. The liner / backing on this product was modified a few years ago in order to make it run more smoothly through a wide variety of printers, but it wouldn't have had any impact on the adhesive stickiness.

It sounds like you may have received product that was not die cut correctly if you are finding that the labels are not peeling cleanly from the sheet. The labels should easily peel from the sheet. Our customer support team will be more than happy to replace any product that is not produced correctly. We will need to get some additional details in order to resolve the issue.

Please reach out to our customer service department at the link below or call us at 1-888-575-2235 and provide us with as many details as possible and our support team will work with you to quickly resolve the issues.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
https://www.onlinelabels.com
#3 Posted : 11/16/2020 4:31:14 PM(EST)
RGEES LLC

United States

Interesting post. I've also noticed the same issue with our most recent order of OL125LP to include tearing, splitting, and raised areas at the die cuts. It's not consistent to the packaged batch (Ie not all have the issue and it's random in the package and seems to be towards the center of the sheets on a whole), so it makes me wonder if your base product supplier has manufacturing issues and it's just compounded by the cut?

On a separate note, I recently ordered rolled labels similar to these (and because I was afraid of this above issue again which causes massive excessive manufacturing time), and was disappointed that only about 25% of the rolls were supplied with the excess film removed. I can't run them through a label dispenser like that, so I've been having to unspool and pull off the excess, then wind them back up so we can use them as intended. Is it normal for these to be shipped this way, or was the QA person on vacation for this order?

Been a satisfied customer for several years, but these two recent orders.... less than pleased.
#4 Posted : 11/17/2020 8:22:19 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RGEES LLC Go to Quoted Post
Interesting post. I've also noticed the same issue with our most recent order of OL125LP to include tearing, splitting, and raised areas at the die cuts. It's not consistent to the packaged batch (Ie not all have the issue and it's random in the package and seems to be towards the center of the sheets on a whole), so it makes me wonder if your base product supplier has manufacturing issues and it's just compounded by the cut?

On a separate note, I recently ordered rolled labels similar to these (and because I was afraid of this above issue again which causes massive excessive manufacturing time), and was disappointed that only about 25% of the rolls were supplied with the excess film removed. I can't run them through a label dispenser like that, so I've been having to unspool and pull off the excess, then wind them back up so we can use them as intended. Is it normal for these to be shipped this way, or was the QA person on vacation for this order?

Been a satisfied customer for several years, but these two recent orders.... less than pleased.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered on your two most recent orders. We'll be happy to assist in resolving the issues for you.

We've been using the same material for our weatherproof polyester laser products for multiple years now with no changes from the supplier. Based on your description of the problem it sounds as if there may have been an issue with the die cut itself. The labels should never tear or split as they're pulled up from the liner. This type of issue is usually indicative of a bad die cut.

I've spoken to our production manager about the issue with your order of custom printed roll labels as well. These products should always arrived with the excess label matrix stripped away. If you received product with the matrix still intact then it was produced incorrectly and we'd be more than happy to offer a replacement, or provide a discount code for use on your next order.

Please reach out to our customer service department at the link below or call us at 1-888-575-2235 and provide us with as many details as possible and our support team will work with you to quickly resolve the issues on both orders.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx