Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/20/2020 12:05:52 AM(EST)
houseofdebrick

United States

Hello looking for some insight on theis product type i usually use the clear waterproof laser without a problem but not sure what settings I should be using for my laser printer I have a canon image class lbp622cdw I normally have the settings on laser but Cricut isnt identifying the registration marks HELP!

Thank you in advance.
#2 Posted : 12/21/2020 11:08:51 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm uncertain if adjusting the material type setting on your laser printer will impact the Cricut's ability to read the registration marks, but for the white weatherproof polyester label material I typically use a photo or glossy setting. The label setting on most laser printers should work fine with this material type too, though.

The most important printer setting to verify is making sure that the page is printing at actual size. The paper size should be set to Letter and any scaling options such as "Fit to Page" or "Shrink to Fit" should be unselected. This will ensure that the registration mark is being printed in the proper location to be read by the Cricut.

Cricut lists some common troubleshooting suggestions for their "Print Then Cut" functionality:

https://help.cricut.com/...ead-the-cut-sensor-marks

Running through this list to ensure you're meeting their recommendations for print then cut is a good starting point.

One additional troubleshooting technique that isn't listed above is applying standard, matte-finish scotch tape to the registration marks before cutting. Cricut machines can have trouble reading registration marks on glossy materials, and this scotch tape trick can help reduce the gloss around the registration marks. We've found that customers don't usually have to resort to using the scotch tape trick with our weatherproof polyester material, as the material doesn't have a high-gloss finish. There is a slight sheen to the finish though, so it's possible that this trick could help if you're still running into trouble. I'd also make sure that you don't have any direct sources of light directed at the Cricut machine, and that the cut sensor light is clean.

If you need any additional assistance troubleshooting please contact our customer service team directly. You can reach them by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: houseofdebrick