Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/23/2020 11:55:40 AM(EST)
joey stickers

United States

Hi, I have some questions about the Weatherproof Inkjet printable sheets that you sell:

- are the matte and glossy sheets made of paper or are they vinyl?

- I plan on using an additional clear, glossy laminate sheet on top of the printed sheets to provide UV and scratch protection for outdoor use. If I am going to be using the gloss laminate sheet on top, is it recommended then to just use the matte label sheets? Would the glossy label sheet, also topped with a laminate sheet, provide any additional durability/performance over the matte?

Thanks in advance!!

#2 Posted : 12/23/2020 3:59:17 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Our weatherproof white matte and weatherproof white gloss label materials are not paper-based. Both of these products consist of film-based materials, but neither of them are vinyl. The weatherproof white matte features a polypropylene material, while the weatherproof white gloss features a polyester material.

Both of these materials should work fine with a clear laminate applied to them. The performance and durability should be similar regardless of which material you use, so you may prefer the weatherproof matte inkjet since the glossy material is quite a bit more expensive. If you're applying a glossy laminate to the sheet, the weatherproof white gloss label material will likely be superfluous.

I hope this helps. If you'd like to try samples before placing an order please visit the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx
#3 Posted : 12/23/2020 6:06:32 PM(EST)
joey stickers

United States

Thank you for the response and information Josh, much appreciated! Happy Holidays and stay safe!