Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/15/2020 11:19:02 AM(EST)
capecandle

United States

I've been using your labels for years and have noticed the past year the glue is not very sticky. The labels keep popping right off of the jar. From the community forum it seems to be a consistent issue. Are you going to use a stickier glue or do I have to find a new supplier?
#2 Posted : 9/15/2020 2:02:39 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I’m sorry to hear about the adhesive problems you’ve encountered with our brown kraft label material. The majority of the community issues you’ve referenced were related to material produced before 2018. Prior to that we were using an entirely different brown kraft material that we wound up discontinuing entirely due to issues with poor adhesion. We spent months working with our suppliers to develop an entirely new brown kraft material that features a stronger general purpose adhesive. This material was application tested across a wide range of surfaces and containers, and we saw significant improvements to the adhesion across the board. Since the updated brown kraft material debuted in early 2018 we’ve seen a dramatic decrease in the complaints and returns associated with poor adhesive quality.

We do understand that issues can still arise. I’d recommend working directly with our customer service team to investigate your issue. They should be able to assist in determining whether the product you received is defective, or if it just isn’t a fit with your current application. If you find that you are unable to use the material we will be more than happy to assist you with setting up a return and receiving a refund for any unused material.

You can reach our customer service team by phone at 1-888-575-2235. You can submit a support ticket via the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

I apologize again for the issues you’ve encountered. Our customer service team will do whatever they can to assist you and work towards a solution.
#3 Posted : 1/8/2021 1:45:49 AM(EST)
dianefs

Hi there - not a homebrewer but have three SKUs on chewy.com, all using your kraft labels:
https://www.chewy.com/f/dogtor-doolittle_f1v295806
Having the same issue, and assuming I'm using 2020-manufactured product? Can you help? The labels aren't sticking, and chewy is very particular about appearance/durability.
Thanks.
#4 Posted : 1/8/2021 9:39:50 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dianefs Go to Quoted Post
Hi there - not a homebrewer but have three SKUs on chewy.com, all using your kraft labels:
https://www.chewy.com/f/dogtor-doolittle_f1v295806
Having the same issue, and assuming I'm using 2020-manufactured product? Can you help? The labels aren't sticking, and chewy is very particular about appearance/durability.
Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about the adhesive issues that you're experiencing. I was able to locate your account, and you have been receiving the latest brown kraft product manufactured in 2020. Unfortunately, we don't offer a brown kraft material with a more aggressive adhesive at this time.

Adhesive strength can be impacted by a number of external factors. The type of surface the labels are being applied to, in addition to the shape and the curvature can have an effect on how well the labels hold over time. There are a few steps you can take to ensure that you're achieving the most permanent stick possible:

- Make sure you're applying the labels to a clean surface with no dust, debris, or any type of oily residue. Some customers choose to wipe down the application surface with isopropyl alcohol wipes to ensure that the surface is as clean as possible. This isn't always necessary, but it can help.

- Excessive surface tension can lead to labels lifting from their application surfaces easier than anticipated. This can be common with tightly curved containers, especially when using a rigid paper material like brown kraft. The best way to reduce surface tension is by applying your labels at the center first, and then continuing to apply pressure outward until both sides are laid down evenly. Placing the edge of a label down first and then applying pressure across the entire label can lead to excessive surface tension and result in labels that lift up at the edges.

- If you're labeling a curved container and your wraparound label isn't overlapping, or is only overlapping slightly, consider increasing the label size to allow for a larger overlap. A larger overlap increases the surface area of adhesive and should promote a stronger application.

If you've tried these suggestions but are still not happy with the strength of the adhesion to your containers, we do offer some products that feature a more aggressive adhesive. These products include our Aggressive White Matte and our selection of weatherproof materials for both inkjet and laser printing. Unfortunately, these options are not available in a brown kraft finish at this time. If you'd like to try samples of any of these materials, you can submit a support ticket at the link below and our customer service team will be happy to assist you:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

We don't have immediate plans to add a brown kraft material with a more aggressive or weatherproof adhesive, but if we do wind up adding any additional product offerings I'll be certain to update this post in the future. If you determine that you're unable to use the brown kraft material you've purchased you can initiate a product return at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/support/returns

I apologize again for the issue and I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.