Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/17/2020 5:37:22 PM(EST)
areese2

United States

Hi! I've been using onlinelabels for over 8 years now, and I absolutely love them. Unfortunately, my biggest issue is finding a decent printer to work with. I had been using HP up until about 3 months ago, but stopped due to the fact that it seems like the printer manufacturing quality has dropped significantly. I was using the 8610 up until 2017, and since then, I have yet to find an HP that compares. I've tried the 8710, 8210, 3830, 8025, and 9015. Unfortunately, they all seem to start having alignment issues after a few months of heavy use or the print quality starts to diminish.

I recently switched to the canon pixma G7020 and was really loving the fact that they alignment seemed consistent, but unfortunately, the ink is not waterproof and starts to fade really easily. I loved the fact that the HP ink doesn't really require a topcoat to maintain the ink quality, and would like to not have to go back to spraying the labels, because it's messy, time-consuming, and all of those chemicals can't be great for my health.

I'd love to go back to HP, because their ink program also saves me a ton of money and I know that the ink is actually water-resistant, but at this point, I'm willing to try anything.
#2 Posted : 9/18/2020 10:27:16 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I've had a similar experience with HP inkjet printers since my trusty old HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 finally died on me a few years back. I tried a couple of the newer OfficeJet Pro models (8710 and 6978) but found that they didn't quite produce the results that I'd come to expect with the 8610. I've recently tried one of their cheaper, budget Envy models for testing purposes and experienced some of the same issues there as well. Looking through their current offerings it seems like they've introduced some new inkjet models that are seeing very positive reviews around the web. It might be worth searching for reviews on Google for any printer model you're potentially interested in. Searching for a printer model along with the terms "review" and "labels" may even point you to some reviews by users that have had experience using these printer models with inkjet label materials. I haven't had a chance to use their most recent models yet, but some of them at least seem promising.

Over the past few years my go-to inkjet printers have been Canon PIXMA models. I haven't had the opportunity to use the PIXMA G7020, which appears to be one of their refillable tank based printers, so I can't speak to its performance. I have been extremely happy with my Canon PIXMA TS9120, which is a traditional cartridge based inkjet printer. It's routinely provided excellent results across our range of inkjet compatible label materials. This specific model appears to be discontinued, but there are some newer cartridge-based PIXMA models available that have very positive reviews online too. They key that I've found to achieving the best results when using my PIXMA models is to adjust the material type setting to a photo or glossy option. Making this adjustment has provided excellent, durable print results across a wide range of our products.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.

Edited by user Friday, September 18, 2020 11:39:31 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : 1/1/2021 11:15:38 AM(EST)
Camer138

Canada

Sorry I have to ask because I was very close to getting one of the fill tank Pixma printers until I read that the ink fades quickly on gloss labels.

If you spray them with a top coat does the ink still fade?
#4 Posted : 1/1/2021 11:54:37 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Camer138 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I have to ask because I was very close to getting one of the fill tank Pixma printers until I read that the ink fades quickly on gloss labels.

If you spray them with a top coat does the ink still fade?

The fading will vary depending on the colors used and the amount of exposure to UV / sun light. If you apply a UV resistant spray top coating on after printing, it will definitely slow down the speed at which the color fades. The UV overcoat sprays will significantly slow down fading, but they won't stop fading.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#5 Posted : 1/20/2021 8:31:19 PM(EST)
bcbm

Canada

I've been using Epson (ET-2720) Printer model for all my OnlineLabel products and it's amazing. No smudge, prints fast and end result looks super professional. So far, I've tried OnlineLabels products:

OL875WX
OL25CJ
OL996WG (in gloss is amazing)
OL500WJ (in weather proof)

Ink for this model of Epson lasts quite awhile. I've been using the printers everyday, printing 10-40 sheets a week, and have not yet refilled the ink tank. The printer and these labels go hand in hand!
#6 Posted : 1/21/2021 5:21:06 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bcbm Go to Quoted Post
I've been using Epson (ET-2720) Printer model for all my OnlineLabel products and it's amazing. No smudge, prints fast and end result looks super professional. So far, I've tried OnlineLabels products:

OL875WX
OL25CJ
OL996WG (in gloss is amazing)
OL500WJ (in weather proof)

Ink for this model of Epson lasts quite awhile. I've been using the printers everyday, printing 10-40 sheets a week, and have not yet refilled the ink tank. The printer and these labels go hand in hand!

That is great to hear that you are having success with the Epson ET-2720. We appreciate the feedback!

Thanks for your business.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com