Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/20/2021 10:59:00 AM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

I have been using clear gloss laser labels for 2 year for foiling, but my recent orders has coating on top of it, i am not able to use them for foiling anymore, are there any changes to the labels?
#2 Posted : 4/21/2021 10:26:48 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues. We've been consistently using the same supplier for the facestock on this material for years now. We have forwarded the details from your support tickets and your last few orders to our supplier for further investigation. In the meantime, someone from our customer service team will be contacting you shortly about replacing or refunding the OL385CL on your most recent order. I apologize for the inconvenience. We'll do everything we can to assist you in finding a suitable resolution.
#3 Posted : 4/21/2021 9:57:45 PM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

I am not too concerned about my current orders, you guys did very good job on supporting me. My concern is what should I do in the future.
#4 Posted : 4/22/2021 9:45:53 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

We're actively investigating the issues you've reported with our supplier for the facestock of this material. When we have an update on the investigation one of our customer service team members will reach out to you. In the meantime, if you need to place an order please reach out to our customer service team directly. We'll be happy to assist however we can.
#5 Posted : 4/22/2021 10:39:22 AM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

Sure, I will wait for your investigate result.
#6 Posted : 4/30/2021 5:39:23 PM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

Did you guys know what happened?
#7 Posted : 5/3/2021 4:53:13 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: amandajing1002 Go to Quoted Post
Did you guys know what happened?

Our supplier for the facestock of the clear gloss laser material is still investigating. As soon as we have additional information we'll be sure to pass it along. In the meantime, if you need to place a new order please contact our customer service department directly for assistance. You can reach them by phone at 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

Thank you so much for your patience as we continue to look into the issues you've reported.
#8 Posted : 5/24/2021 1:40:56 PM(EST)
amandajing1002

United States

It's been a few weeks, i have not heard from you guys regarding the result of the investigation.
#9 Posted : 5/25/2021 8:47:23 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: amandajing1002 Go to Quoted Post
It's been a few weeks, i have not heard from you guys regarding the result of the investigation.

I apologize for the delay. Some additional details were posted in another thread on the forums. If you haven't seen that response, you can view it at the link below:

https://forums.onlinelab...ork-for-foil-anymre.aspx

At this point, we believe that the issue was isolated to a couple batches of the facestock material that we received back in February and March. The supplier for this material is still investigating the root cause to better understand what may have occurred. The investigation is ongoing, but progress is slow. We're working with them actively to try and understand whether this issue is truly isolated, or if we'll be unable to fully guarantee support for foiling applications in the future. In the meantime, information we've received from the supplier, as well as our own internal testing, leads us to believe that newer production lots of the material should behave similarly to the material that has worked well for foiling applications in the past.

I noticed that you recently placed a new order. We have notes on your account to ship from newer production lots. We believe that this should resolve the issue, but if you experience any additional problems please contact our customer service team directly. They'll be more than happy to assist you with anything that may come up.