Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
Post Reply
#21 Posted : 6/30/2018 10:23:49 PM(EST)
DebbieB

Rank: New User

Posts: 2
United States
Location: Florida

I use an HP Officejet Pro 8720 and I have just spent several hours and wasted over 50 labels trying to get OL2684WG to print properly using both the Maestro software, downloading the PDF and printing via Adobe Acrobat. I have gone through the alignment testing (where you print an alignment sheet), made changes and even though it looked good when I then used the alignment sheet behind the labels to check the actual alignment, when I print them the labels on the far right are usable (logo is below the label edge like I want) but the middle ones the logo has moved up to where it is resting right on the edge and the ones on the far left are even higher making them unusable because the logo is over the label edge.

In addition, I am using a background color which has automatic bleed and if I only print a couple of rows (not whole sheet) the final row has a sliver of bottom label that is not containing the bleed of the background color, it remains white.

Having you print them for me is not an option because I sell handmade goods and need to be able to print my own labels as there are a variety of items with variations. I also don't have access to another printer so that is not an option. I have printed labels with Avery and have never had this problem and I want to be able to continue using your labels and software since you have the labels I need as well as hang tags which I also use (no real trouble printing them).

I don't understand why it all looks perfect on the template in Maestro but I'm having such a difficult time getting these to print properly. I have no idea what to do and can't keep wasting so much money. Please help.
#22 Posted : 7/2/2018 9:47:15 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany


Rank: Label King

Posts: 754
United States
Location: Sanford

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DebbieB Go to Quoted Post
I use an HP Officejet Pro 8720 and I have just spent several hours and wasted over 50 labels trying to get OL2684WG to print properly using both the Maestro software, downloading the PDF and printing via Adobe Acrobat. I have gone through the alignment testing (where you print an alignment sheet), made changes and even though it looked good when I then used the alignment sheet behind the labels to check the actual alignment, when I print them the labels on the far right are usable (logo is below the label edge like I want) but the middle ones the logo has moved up to where it is resting right on the edge and the ones on the far left are even higher making them unusable because the logo is over the label edge.

In addition, I am using a background color which has automatic bleed and if I only print a couple of rows (not whole sheet) the final row has a sliver of bottom label that is not containing the bleed of the background color, it remains white.

Having you print them for me is not an option because I sell handmade goods and need to be able to print my own labels as there are a variety of items with variations. I also don't have access to another printer so that is not an option. I have printed labels with Avery and have never had this problem and I want to be able to continue using your labels and software since you have the labels I need as well as hang tags which I also use (no real trouble printing them).

I don't understand why it all looks perfect on the template in Maestro but I'm having such a difficult time getting these to print properly. I have no idea what to do and can't keep wasting so much money. Please help.


DebbieB -
I am sorry to hear about the issue you experiencing. I see you have purchased a variety of label sizes from us. Is this issue only impacting this specific configuration (OL2684 oval labels)? I am happy to trouble shoot, but I would need to get a lot more details including the specific design on your Maestro Label Designer account so I can review the artwork and your file. Once I have reviewed the design files, I would have a variety of questions to ask in order to try to get to the bottom of the issue. There are a variety of different things that could be causing the issue, but I am confident we can get to the bottom of it and resolve the issue. It would probably be best to not have account specific information or design names related to your account posted on this public forum.

If may be best to have you work with one of our customer service team members on the phone as they would likely be able to get to the bottom of the issue quickly over the phone. Our support team is available from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST Monday - Friday and on Saturday 11 AM - 4:00 PM EST. They could also work with you to replace any sheets lost while they are working with you to get the formatting correct so you don't waste any more sheets in the process. You can reach our team at 1-888-575-2235. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#23 Posted : 7/13/2018 6:11:27 PM(EST)
DebbieB

Rank: New User

Posts: 2
United States
Location: Florida

Thank you Dave, I will be contacting them for assistance.

Debbie
#24 Posted : 7/14/2018 7:19:21 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany


Rank: Label King

Posts: 754
United States
Location: Sanford

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DebbieB Go to Quoted Post
Thank you Dave, I will be contacting them for assistance.

Debbie


Debbie,
That is good to hear. I am confident that our phone support team will be able to trouble shoot the issue and make recommendations to resolve the problem. If you continue to run into any problems let us know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#25 Posted : 3/6/2021 12:06:54 AM(EST)
Alip

Rank: New User

Posts: 1
United States
Location: Wisconsin

Hello -

I found this thread due to the same issue with OL914WI. After having multiple issues either utilizing the download template or creating online using your tool, I printed the blank template onto the labels and found it is way off. Starting at the top it's somewhat close but by the time it gets to the bottom it's about 3/16" lower and shifted to the left a good 1/8". Like others I've wasted a ton of ink trying to miniplate the template, and even reduced the size of the content on the label by probably 15% just so that it's not cut off at the bottom and can still use the labels although they look anything but professional. Previously when I dove into this issue It seems that the labels stack was crowned. I spoke with one of the representatives, sent some pictures and they gladly sent me a new pack of labels, but unfortunately even though the level of customer service was great, I still have a bad problem.
#26 Posted : 3/8/2021 12:47:25 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 828
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alip Go to Quoted Post
Hello -

I found this thread due to the same issue with OL914WI. After having multiple issues either utilizing the download template or creating online using your tool, I printed the blank template onto the labels and found it is way off. Starting at the top it's somewhat close but by the time it gets to the bottom it's about 3/16" lower and shifted to the left a good 1/8". Like others I've wasted a ton of ink trying to miniplate the template, and even reduced the size of the content on the label by probably 15% just so that it's not cut off at the bottom and can still use the labels although they look anything but professional. Previously when I dove into this issue It seems that the labels stack was crowned. I spoke with one of the representatives, sent some pictures and they gladly sent me a new pack of labels, but unfortunately even though the level of customer service was great, I still have a bad problem.


I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you're experiencing. I spent some time this morning testing the Maestro Label Designer template for OL914WI this morning to ensure that it's accurate and printing as expected. To test the template I printed a series of designs from Maestro with a thin round border on each of the circles on the sheet. With the proper print settings selected the round borders printed correctly aligned on the circles in every row going the page. This indicates that the template is accurate, but there are a couple of other factors that could potentially be contributing to the misalignment that you're seeing.

The very first thing you'll want to check for is the page scaling setting within your print options. This can be located under the Page Sizing & Handling section when printing your labels. You should ensure that "Actual Size" is selected. If any of the other options are selected that would almost certainly contribute to misaligned labels when printing.

The material type setting can also have a major impact on print alignment. Most printers are set as default to print on plain white copy paper. Setting the option to a more specialized material type like photo or glossy will typically result in a slower feed through the printer. Slowing the feed down will reduce the chances of the sheet shifting as it moves through the printer's feed path. Heavier, glossy materials are more likely to encounter shifting when compared to basic white copy paper, so making this adjustment could have a very positive impact on your print results. As a bonus, the photo and glossy material type settings typically provide much better print quality and durability compared to the default plain paper setting as well.

Additional troubleshooting tips for common alignment issues can be viewed in our printer alignment guide at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide

If you've tried the suggestions listed above and are still experiencing alignment issues please contact our customer service team directly for assistance. Now that we know the curling you experienced on your first order wasn't the root of the issue our team should be able to provide more focused guidance on how to resolve the misalignment you're seeing. You can contact our customer service team directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you at this time.
#27 Posted : 6/6/2021 2:55:04 PM(EST)
Kit

Rank: New User

Posts: 3
United States

I bought a variety of different sizes of labels and am having the same problem with the labels not aligning correctly. Before I read these posts, I thought it was our printer so we bought another printer (both printers are new) and labels were still printing out of line. We tried another old printer that was not ours and problem was there. I made my labels through canva and sized the labels based on OL sizes. We noticed that it was the templates do not fit the actual labels because all the sizes I bought were not aligned correctly. I bought over 10 different sizes of the labels and they all printed with issues. You should really have someone look into all the templates you have and correct this issue. Also your templates are using MS Word 2003 and should be updated. I spent days trying to get the labels work for one of a craft fair and had to settled with messed up labels because we cannot fix it.
#28 Posted : 6/7/2021 4:09:25 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 828
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kit Go to Quoted Post
I bought a variety of different sizes of labels and am having the same problem with the labels not aligning correctly. Before I read these posts, I thought it was our printer so we bought another printer (both printers are new) and labels were still printing out of line. We tried another old printer that was not ours and problem was there. I made my labels through canva and sized the labels based on OL sizes. We noticed that it was the templates do not fit the actual labels because all the sizes I bought were not aligned correctly. I bought over 10 different sizes of the labels and they all printed with issues. You should really have someone look into all the templates you have and correct this issue. Also your templates are using MS Word 2003 and should be updated. I spent days trying to get the labels work for one of a craft fair and had to settled with messed up labels because we cannot fix it.


Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced when using our Microsoft Word templates. I've spoken to our development team and updated Microsoft Word templates should be coming to our site within the next week or so. These templates will improve compatibility with newer versions of Word.

You may also want to try using our design software, Maestro Label Designer. This program was developed internally and features accurate templates for our entire selection of products. We provide access to Maestro Label Designer free of charge with any order. You can view more information about Maestro Label Designer at the link below:

https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/designer/maestro.aspx

If you decide to try Maestro Label Designer and have any questions, our customer service team will be more than happy to assist you. You can reach them directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

Thank you again for your feedback. I'll come back and update this thread when I've received confirmation that the updated Word templates are live on the site.
#29 Posted : 6/7/2021 7:28:43 PM(EST)
Kit

Rank: New User

Posts: 3
United States

The problem isn't about me not using Mastro. Canva let's me size my labels to fit your templates sizes. I even printed a blank template with only the borders on to see if it's an issue with my printer and it was clearly the template that was off. The border lines does not line up with the actual labels. I've tried this on 3 different printers, on both regular papers and on your label paper. So it's clear that your templates are the ones giving us issues. Now I have over hundreds of labels that I can't use....
#30 Posted : 6/8/2021 11:09:19 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany


Rank: Label King

Posts: 754
United States
Location: Sanford

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kit Go to Quoted Post
The problem isn't about me not using Mastro. Canva let's me size my labels to fit your templates sizes. I even printed a blank template with only the borders on to see if it's an issue with my printer and it was clearly the template that was off. The border lines does not line up with the actual labels. I've tried this on 3 different printers, on both regular papers and on your label paper. So it's clear that your templates are the ones giving us issues. Now I have over hundreds of labels that I can't use....


We will definitely need a lot more details to troubleshoot the issue. How are you creating the template in Canva? Are you using dimensions that we are providing? What blank template are you printing out to compare to the actual labels? How far is the template off and in what direction horizontal & vertical?

Our team is happy to work with you to trouble shoot the issue, but we will need a lot more specific information. I would recommend that you reach out to our customer support team at 1-888-575-2235 and we can work through the issue with you. I am confident that we can investigate the issue and figure out the reason for the discrepancy in actual sheets versus the template you are printing.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#31 Posted : 6/10/2021 11:16:32 AM(EST)
Charlie

Rank: New User

Posts: 1
United States
Location: Richmond

Thanks: 1 times
We continue to have alignment issues despite going through all the troubleshooting steps. The biggest issue is that much of the artwork we print for circle labels must be centered perfectly (for instance borders need to be uniform). So the question i have is whether inkjet or laser printers provide a more consistent feeds and is there a particular color printer that has exceptional consistency in its feeds. Otherwise we are going through way to many labels.
#32 Posted : 6/10/2021 3:37:22 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 828
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Charlie Go to Quoted Post
We continue to have alignment issues despite going through all the troubleshooting steps. The biggest issue is that much of the artwork we print for circle labels must be centered perfectly (for instance borders need to be uniform). So the question i have is whether inkjet or laser printers provide a more consistent feeds and is there a particular color printer that has exceptional consistency in its feeds. Otherwise we are going through way to many labels.


I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you've encountered. I've had experience using a wide variety of both inkjet and laser printers and I've found that all desktop printers are subject to some degree of shifting that occurs as the material moves through the feed path of the printer model. The shift that occurs is typically minor but can appear more pronounced when printing round labels compared to rectangular labels, especially when attempting to print a border. There isn't one particular printer model that I'm familiar with that would rate as exceptionally consistent compared to other models, but there are some suggestions that can help alleviate some of the shifting and misalignment that occurs due to this kind of printer shift.

- Always use the manual feed tray on your printer model if it has one. In most cases, the manual feed tray dramatically simplifies the feed path through the printer model which can help reduce the amount of shift that occurs.

- Try adjusting the material type setting to a heavier, specialty material type like photo, glossy, thick, or heavy paper. This will slow down the material feed which can also have a positive impact on the amount of shift that occurs when printing.

- If at all possible, remove the border from your round label designs. The shift that's occurring is more than likely relatively minor, but a printed border tends to highlight even slight misalignment.

- If removing the border isn't possible, there are some adjustments you can make to the design that may help alleviate the issue to some degree. Increasing the thickness or the width of the border itself can make any potential misalignment due to shifting look less pronounced. Bringing the border in (leaving a small amount of white space on the outside of the border) can help as well. Basically anything you can do to bring the design closer in away from the edge of the label can have a positive impact on the printer shift that occurs as the material moves through the feed path of the printer.

If you do decide to look for a new printer, my biggest recommendation is to make sure that the printer model you're purchasing has a dedicated manual feed tray. Some printers only have a standard drawer tray, and the manual feed tray is definitely the best way to dial in a more consistent feed through the printer. In recent years my favorite inkjet printers have come from the Canon PIXMA series, while my favorite laser printers have come from the HP Color LaserJet Pro series. It's important to note though that these printers will still experience some degree of shift as the label sheets feed through them, and the suggestions listed above will likely still apply.

If you need any additional assistance or troubleshooting tips please feel free to contact our customer service team directly. You can reach them by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information.

 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Charlie
#33 Posted : 6/10/2021 4:06:30 PM(EST)
Kit

Rank: New User

Posts: 3
United States

Here is an example of the alignment issue for one of the many sizes of labels that we had ordered from. The labels was left blank with borders around your template to see how clearly the template is not aligned correctly to the actual labels. You can see how much was shifted from the template to the actual labels. I don't have a manual feed so that is not an option for our printer. We changed the setting to specialty mode - gloss paper. This happened for all our labels that we bought from you, and we tried 3 different printers (2 HP and one Epson). We even printed on regular blank paper and compared it to your label sheets and the alignment is off. This means that the template alignment needs to be adjusted.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO4boBCwbx-GLrR2geHTCwcvXBam8oB5cikzgyQ
#34 Posted : 6/10/2021 4:38:32 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 828
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kit Go to Quoted Post
Here is an example of the alignment issue for one of the many sizes of labels that we had ordered from. The labels was left blank with borders around your template to see how clearly the template is not aligned correctly to the actual labels. You can see how much was shifted from the template to the actual labels. I don't have a manual feed so that is not an option for our printer. We changed the setting to specialty mode - gloss paper. This happened for all our labels that we bought from you, and we tried 3 different printers (2 HP and one Epson). We even printed on regular blank paper and compared it to your label sheets and the alignment is off. This means that the template alignment needs to be adjusted.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO4boBCwbx-GLrR2geHTCwcvXBam8oB5cikzgyQ


I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with the templates. The link that you provided is broken, so I was not able to view the image that you attached. I'm going to have someone from our customer service team contact you directly for assistance. They should be able help diagnose the issue and work towards a solution. I apologize again for the issue, and you'll be hearing from someone on our customer service team shortly.
#35 Posted : 6/22/2021 10:37:34 AM(EST)
revati.eccles

Rank: New User

Posts: 1
Canada
Location: Toronto

Hey there!

I am having the same issue with printing. I have been troubleshooting for three weeks with no luck. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe to ensure that I have no issues with the program, but even then it is still scaling although I ensure to select Actual Size.

Is there any assistance I can get? I am ready to pull my hair out honestly

Thanks
#36 Posted : 6/22/2021 11:14:57 AM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 828
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: revati.eccles Go to Quoted Post
Hey there!

I am having the same issue with printing. I have been troubleshooting for three weeks with no luck. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe to ensure that I have no issues with the program, but even then it is still scaling although I ensure to select Actual Size.

Is there any assistance I can get? I am ready to pull my hair out honestly

Thanks


I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing when attempting to align your labels. If you've already tried the suggestions listed in the previous posts of this thread, as well as our printer alignment guide, then your best option would be to work with one of our customer service team members to personally assist you with the issue. In case you haven't seen our printer alignment guide, you can view it at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide

I'm going to have one of our experienced customer service team members reach out to you for assistance. They should be able to walk you through the process and provide suggestions based on your specific setup.
#37 Posted : 6/30/2021 4:31:14 PM(EST)
Josh


Rank: OnlineLabels Rep

Posts: 828
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Josh Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced when using our Microsoft Word templates. I've spoken to our development team and updated Microsoft Word templates should be coming to our site within the next week or so. These templates will improve compatibility with newer versions of Word.


The Microsoft Word templates for most of our label configurations have been updated to include an option for "Word 07+" which will provide better compatibility with more modern versions of Microsoft Word. If you have questions about the updated Word templates please feel free to reach out to our customer service team by dialing 1-888-575-235, or by sending a support ticket to the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

They'll be more than happy to assist with any questions that may come up.
2 Pages«12
Post Reply
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.