Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/30/2021 11:42:26 PM(EST)
thecatsmeow

United States

My labels have been printing fine for over two years on a Brother laser printer. All of a sudden the logo looks blurry or almost like there are two logos sitting over eachother. The rest of the printing on the label looks fine. I have adjusted the paper and printer settings and that doesn't fix the issue. A test page on the printer itself also looks fine.
#2 Posted : 7/1/2021 8:58:12 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thecatsmeow Go to Quoted Post
My labels have been printing fine for over two years on a Brother laser printer. All of a sudden the logo looks blurry or almost like there are two logos sitting over eachother. The rest of the printing on the label looks fine. I have adjusted the paper and printer settings and that doesn't fix the issue. A test page on the printer itself also looks fine.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. What's the model number of your Brother laser printer? I'll be happy to take a look at the manual and see if there are any other troubleshooting tips to suggest.

One potential thing to try that isn't specifically related to the printer itself would be the "Print As Image" option within the Advanced settings in Adobe Reader. When you bring up the print dialog box to print your labels, click on the "Advanced" button and then enable "Print As Image" from the new new window that opens. The "Print As Image" option will sometimes resolve printing inconsistencies with certain graphics and logos. It's definitely worth trying before looking for other possible solutions.
#3 Posted : 7/2/2021 5:44:47 PM(EST)
thecatsmeow

United States

Brother L8360CDW. I have tried the "print as image" and that doesn't help.
#4 Posted : 7/6/2021 11:36:31 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: thecatsmeow Go to Quoted Post
Brother L8360CDW. I have tried the "print as image" and that doesn't help.

Thank you for providing the printer model number. I'm sorry to hear that the "Print as Image" option didn't resolve your problem, but I looked through the printer manual and there are some additional troubleshooting suggestions that may help.

I know you mentioned in your original post that you have tried adjusting the paper type setting already. The manual indicates that the paper type setting needs to be adjusted on the LCD screen on the printer model itself, in addition to adjusting it through the print settings in the print dialog box. If you haven't manually adjusted the paper type setting on the LCD screen that would definitely be worth trying. I've looked at the available paper type options and I believe that the "Labels" or "Glossy Paper" settings would be most suitable for use with our weatherproof polyester laser material.

If you've tried making that adjustment and are still experiencing issues with the image quality on the labels, the manual lists a wide variety of print quality issues along with instructions on how to potentially resolve them in the troubleshooting section. For reference, I've linked to the printer manual below. Tips on improving print quality begin on page 280:

https://download.brother...v_hll8260cdw_uke_oug.pdf

Some of the notable suggestions for print quality issues include:

- Use the machine's LCD to perform toner calibration.
- Use the machine's LCD to perform toner registration. The manual specifically mentions this option can provide sharper, better defined edges on images.
- Turn off the toner save mode if it is enabled in the settings
- If the problem area consists of black print, try enabling the "Enhance Black Printing" checkbox in the printer driver.
- Turn off the "Improve grey color" setting in the print driver settings if it is enabled.
- Make sure the two grey levers inside the back cover of the printer are in the up position. This tip relates specifically to ghosting images on the print output.
- Enable the "Improve Toner Fixing" option within the print driver settings.
- Cleaning the corona wires and the drum unit of the printer model (page 329 in the manual linked to above) can improve image quality defects as well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#5 Posted : 7/7/2021 6:55:31 PM(EST)
thecatsmeow

United States

You rock! The toner registration and calibration seemed to fix it!
#6 Posted : 7/8/2021 8:23:29 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

That's great! I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. As printers age they'll sometimes need maintenance or recalibration to continue working as we expect them to. I'm glad we were able to find a relatively simple solution for your problem. Please just let us know if you need anything else. Thank you for your business!