Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/21/2021 9:40:01 AM(EST)
Skincosmetics

United States

I had bought some weatherproof labels for my skincare products. After 2 weeks they are already peeling off and they barely come in contact with water. I got my bottles from wholesalesupplies
#2 Posted : 7/21/2021 4:33:31 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the adhesive issues that you're experiencing. I was able to locate your account in our system and noticed that you purchased the weatherproof gloss inkjet material in three different sizes. Are you experiencing issues with all three sizes, or is the issue isolated to just one of the sizes?

If the issue is persistent across all three sizes, there are some suggestions that should help improve the adhesion for most applications.

First, make sure the containers are clean and free from any dust, debris, or particles that may have accumulated during the manufacturing process. I'm not familiar with bottles from Wholesale Supplies, but it's not uncommon for bottles bought in bulk to have particles or even an almost oily film on the surface that can inhibit adhesives bonding permanently. Wiping down the surface with rubbing alcohol or a cleaning solution can definitely improve the overall strength of adhesion.

Another suggestion would be to apply your labels from the middle rather than applying at one of the edges first. This is especially important for applications that involve wrapping a label around a curved surface. Placing the center of the label down first, and then applying consistent and equal pressure outward from the center to the edges will ensure that the labels are applied with very little surface tension present. This promotes a more permanent bond and will make it much less likely that the labels will peel up at the edges. Placing the edge of the label down first and then applying pressure across the entire surface of the label has a tendency to add excessive surface tension to the label, which can cause them to begin peeling up at the edges over time.

You can find additional tips for applying labels at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...cles/how-to-apply-labels

I hope this helps. If you need any additional assistance please let us know. You can also contact our customer service team directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

One of our team members will be happy to personally assist with any issues or questions you may have.
#3 Posted : 10/30/2021 10:55:01 AM(EST)
User

United States

Thanks for the info.