Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/5/2021 11:01:32 AM(EST)
Green

When looking at reviews for all-in-one printers for my herb products labels, what is more the more important criteria: photo quality or graphics quality? I use a lot of color and tiny graphics for my labels that need to show up well. I typically use the OL WG (White Gloss) for Inkjet for my labels.
I currently have an Epson inkjet all in one that is needing to be replaced for the second time in 2 years. I am leaning toward a Brother or HP product that has better reliability. Any advice on which printers to look at?
#2 Posted : 10/6/2021 4:39:12 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
If you're comparing printer models that specify differences in photo quality and graphics quality, I'd lean toward graphics quality based on the description of your label designs. Photo quality really comes into play if you're printing high resolution photographs with any regularity.

I've had a ton of success over the years using a variety of Epson, Brother, and HP inkjet printers, but my favorite inkjet printers that I've used recently have come from the Canon PIXMA series. I'm currently using a Canon PIXMA TS9120 and a Canon PIXMA TS6420 pretty regularly with our inkjet compatible label materials, including the white gloss inkjet, and have been very pleased with the results. The TS9120 is discontinued at this point, but the TS6420 should still be available. There are a number of different models available in the PIXMA series with varying features and price points, so you should be able to find something that works for you.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.