Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/15/2021 8:54:01 AM(EST)
dodge2017

I'm currently using clear glossy labels with my Brother laser printer. I have used this printer for 3 years with Adobe Illustrator. When I print, sometimes the black comes out like a true, jet black and other times it comes out very faded. This is an issue I've had for years and I just can't figure out if it's an inconsistency with the label paper or if it's my printer. I've already spoke with Brother AND Adobe and troubleshooted everything. I've played with settings in Adobe as well as on my printer. I order a high volume of labels and I can't help but think - are some of these batches of labels causing the black to not print out as a true black?

Is anyone else having this issue? The difference in the labels is like night and day. I've spent hours upon hours trying to figure out the root of the issue. It's not the toner, I have two brand new black toner cartridges and both of them printed the same way. Settings are set to glossy paper, although I've tried heavy glossy, cardstock and thick paper all with the same results. I've tried setting the printer to monotone and I've also tried letting both Adobe determine the printing colors and the printer determine the printing colors. I've calibrated the printer and registered it multiple times. I've done a factory reset. I've tried printing vivid instead of normal. Nothing works. Adobe is set to print true black.

Is it the labels? Or is it the printer?

#2 Posted : 11/16/2021 9:49:26 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the print consistency issues that you're experiencing, and I'll be happy to help however I can. We've been using the same printable facestock on our clear gloss material dating back to 2015 without any changes, and I haven't seen this type of issue reported before. We have no reason to expect any kind of consistent difference in the clear gloss material from batch to batch.

What is the model number of the Brother printer that you're using? We've collected printer feedback data from customers in the past. I can check to see if there are any comments or ratings for your printer model relating to its use with our clear gloss laser material.