Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/26/2021 11:52:54 AM(EST)
anchor

When I add png file with a subject and a transparent background everything looks good in the design software. When I print the label the printer prints a darker shade of the background in a square around the transparent image. Why is this? Anything I can do?

I tried printing both in a browser and in Adobe Reader. Same result.
#2 Posted : 11/28/2021 8:46:24 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
With the PDF file open in Adobe Reader, click on the print icon to open your printer dialog box. Once the dialog box is open, look for the button titled "Advanced". Clicking on that button will open the "Advanced Print Setup" - look for the setting titled "Print As Image" and click on the checkbox next to it. Then click on "OK" to close that menu, and proceed with printing your design. We have seen the "Print As Image" setting resolve problems with background discoloration in the past, so hopefully it'll do the trick here as well.

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: queenlahnie
#3 Posted : 12/1/2021 1:21:40 PM(EST)
queenlahnie

United States

Following the instructions that dcarmany posted was helpful and definitely helped with the issue of shading, however the image is now not as crisp as it should be.
Any suggestions? My printer is setup for labels and graphics printing.
#4 Posted : 12/1/2021 3:20:31 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: queenlahnie Go to Quoted Post
Following the instructions that dcarmany posted was helpful and definitely helped with the issue of shading, however the image is now not as crisp as it should be.
Any suggestions? My printer is setup for labels and graphics printing.

When you select the "Print as Image" option there is an option located to the right of that selection that allows you to set the DPI setting (Dots per inch). The default is normally 300 DPI. I recommend that you try increasing that to 600 DPI and see if it improves the resolution.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: queenlahnie
#5 Posted : 12/6/2021 8:40:14 AM(EST)
anchor

That fixed it. Thanks so much Dave!

Is there a possibility to fix this on your software, or is it just to complicated etc?
#6 Posted : 12/6/2021 8:59:00 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: anchor Go to Quoted Post
That fixed it. Thanks so much Dave!

Is there a possibility to fix this on your software, or is it just to complicated etc?

I am glad to hear that helped to resolve the issue. I will definitely bring up your concern to software development team, but I don't think this is something that we can control through our software. It has something to do with way that Adobe Reader and other PDF document readers render & print images.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com