Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/6/2022 10:11:00 AM(EST)
Pattytjh3128

United States

Hello,

I'm looking for some assistance with getting my labels to print 100% centered. I create my labels in Canva and download as a PDF. Then I use Maestro to upload my pdf images and add them using the Full Page Design Mode because my sheet has multiple designs, not just one (I've found using the MultipleDesign mode to be a bit complicated, especially since I'm uploading my own images rather than designing right in Maestro). Any tips on the Multiple design mode would be much appreciated!

I've used at least 3 printers and I cannot get them to align (center) correctly. I create them in Canva and they seem to be 100% centered in Canva (I size them exactly to the size of the label), and then I download as a pdf and check to confirm they are centered after download (at first I thought the shift was happening during download, but that doesn't seem to be the case). And when I print they shift....some seem to be aligned ok, but others seem shifted.

An example of mine you can look at is Test print (OL 340 1.25 x 2.25) dated 2/3/2022 at 1:15pm. They appear to be perfectly aligned when I download to print, but once printed they shift and are no longer perfectly centered. I've tried so many adjustments in Canva, different types of download formats, changing browsers, different printers, dozens of test prints and nothing has worked. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
Patty
#2 Posted : 2/7/2022 11:21:19 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues that you've encountered. Based on your description of the problem, it sounds like the misalignment could potentially be caused by the page scaling setting within your printer options. If page scaling is enabled or set to anything other than "Actual Size" then your image may be shrunken slightly before printing. This option exists to ensure larger documents can be fit onto one printed page, but when trying to print a properly aligned template it can wreak havoc on the overall alignment. Usually, you'll notice labels near the center of the page printing near perfectly aligned, and then gradually more shifting/misalignment as you move away from the center of the page.

If you haven't already, page scaling is the first thing I'd look into. After you've downloaded the PDF file from Maestro Label Designer to print, open the print dialog box and look for the section titled "Page Sizing & Handling". Make sure that the "Actual Size" option is selected. If the options for Fit, Shrink oversized pages, or Custom Scale are selected, you will almost certainly experience some pretty significant misalignment.

Our Label Printing Alignment Guide features information about resolving Page Scaling issues, along with a number of other common causes of misaligned printing. You can access the guide by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide

Regarding the available design modes in Maestro Label Designer, the multiple design mode typically gives you the most control over your template and provides the most consistency when it comes to both designing and printing your labels. It can definitely take some getting use to initially though. We have a quick guide available that illustrates the steps involved with setting up a template in multiple design mode. You can view the guide by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/how-to-use-multi-design-tool

If you're still experiencing alignment issues after reading through both guides linked to above, your best bet may be to contact our customer service team for assistance. One of our team members will be happy to walk you through the multiple design mode in Maestro Label Designer, as well as troubleshoot your specific alignment issues. You can reach our customer service team directly by calling 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information
#3 Posted : 2/7/2022 12:37:43 PM(EST)
Pattytjh3128

United States

Thank so much for you response and assistance! I will give these a try and be in touch if I have more questions.
Appreciate the help!
Patty
#4 Posted : 4/6/2022 10:46:45 AM(EST)
Pattytjh3128

United States

Hello again!

Well, I'm still having issues getting my labels centered on each label when I print them out. Even when I print out the blank pdf template or blank Microsoft Word template, they are slightly shifted to the right. The margins are not the same size as they should be. I've tried on several printers (HP LaserJet Pro M15w, Canon Pixma MG3250, and the self-service FedEx printers & Staples printers) and NONE of them print centered. I've made sure my printer settings are always 100% scaled or Actual size. I even purchased a test print from Online Labels and it looks perfect, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I use several size labels (OL3089, OL2088), but primarily use OL340 and that is the one I have most trouble with. I work from a Mac and I create my labels in Canva, then download them and use Maestro Label Designer to create a full page pdf. I've tried downloading the individual labels as PNG's and PDFs, thinking that may make a difference, but I get the same result. I wasn't sure if there was any "shifting" going on during download or not. I've tried opening in Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but I get the same result.

You can see several of my designs in my account (OL340) and when I open the PDF on my screen they look perfectly centered, but when I print they are never centered. I've tried the alignment wizard, but the last batch of OL340 labels I received were not cut properly (the left and right margins were not the same size). I submitted a ticket for those to see if I can get a credit on my next order. So I cannot perform the alignment wizard again until I get new labels. I also called customer service for help and they showed me how I can adjust the margins from page set up, but they are still printing off centered. The pdf template and the word template are also printing off centered as well, so it seems it would have to be something to do with my print settings, but nothing seems to be working.

Hoping you can offer any further tips and tricks to try. You guys are so helpful in this forum, so I appreciate any advice!!!

Thank you!!
Patty P.
#5 Posted : 4/7/2022 10:50:11 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pattytjh3128 Go to Quoted Post
Hello again!

Well, I'm still having issues getting my labels centered on each label when I print them out. Even when I print out the blank pdf template or blank Microsoft Word template, they are slightly shifted to the right. The margins are not the same size as they should be. I've tried on several printers (HP LaserJet Pro M15w, Canon Pixma MG3250, and the self-service FedEx printers & Staples printers) and NONE of them print centered. I've made sure my printer settings are always 100% scaled or Actual size. I even purchased a test print from Online Labels and it looks perfect, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I use several size labels (OL3089, OL2088), but primarily use OL340 and that is the one I have most trouble with. I work from a Mac and I create my labels in Canva, then download them and use Maestro Label Designer to create a full page pdf. I've tried downloading the individual labels as PNG's and PDFs, thinking that may make a difference, but I get the same result. I wasn't sure if there was any "shifting" going on during download or not. I've tried opening in Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but I get the same result.

You can see several of my designs in my account (OL340) and when I open the PDF on my screen they look perfectly centered, but when I print they are never centered. I've tried the alignment wizard, but the last batch of OL340 labels I received were not cut properly (the left and right margins were not the same size). I submitted a ticket for those to see if I can get a credit on my next order. So I cannot perform the alignment wizard again until I get new labels. I also called customer service for help and they showed me how I can adjust the margins from page set up, but they are still printing off centered. The pdf template and the word template are also printing off centered as well, so it seems it would have to be something to do with my print settings, but nothing seems to be working.

Hoping you can offer any further tips and tricks to try. You guys are so helpful in this forum, so I appreciate any advice!!!

Thank you!!
Patty P.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having alignment issues when using the OL340 template in Maestro Label Designer. It sounds like you've already tried the most common solutions that we typically recommend for general alignment issues. I'm going to have one of our senior representatives reach out to assist you further. I've provided her with the details that you've mentioned in this thread, as well as your account information so that she can review your saved designs. You should be hearing from her shortly. She'll be happy to take a closer look at your specific issues and provide assistance.
#6 Posted : 4/7/2022 3:42:51 PM(EST)
Pattytjh3128

United States

Sounds great....thank you so much!