Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/10/2022 7:30:11 PM(EST)
naru

United States

I'm using an Epson P800 and the labels are smearing top and bottom and are not printing pure black. I am using genuine epson inks and have been onto technical support with Epson. We tried nozzle check head cleaning etc to no avail.

However if I use epson paper the blacks are rich and not smearing. They recommended that you might give me an icc profile for this paper as I just ordered 250 of the QL400WG and 250 of the same sheet but with 4x4.
#2 Posted : 2/11/2022 9:14:01 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: naru Go to Quoted Post
I'm using an Epson P800 and the labels are smearing top and bottom and are not printing pure black. I am using genuine epson inks and have been onto technical support with Epson. We tried nozzle check head cleaning etc to no avail.

However if I use epson paper the blacks are rich and not smearing. They recommended that you might give me an icc profile for this paper as I just ordered 250 of the QL400WG and 250 of the same sheet but with 4x4.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. Unfortunately, we don't offer ICC profiles for our products at this time. The type of issue that you've described in your post can typically be resolved by adjusting a couple different settings found within your printer options.

Most inkjet printers are set as default to print on plain copy paper. Adjusting to a more specialized paper type should do wonders for both the print quality and durability. I was able to locate the manual for your printer model online, and I'd recommend trying the following paper type settings to see if your results improve:

- Photo Paper Glossy
- Premium Photo Paper Glossy
- Premium Photo Paper Semigloss
- Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster

Typically, adjusting the paper type settings to a photo or glossy option will result in faster dry times, much more durable print and deeper, more vibrant colors. If you've tried making these adjustments and are still noticing smearing then you may be experiencing issues related to over-saturation of ink. This can typically resolved by making adjustments to the print quality or resolution settings. If you're printing on the highest quality or resolution setting that could result in over-saturation, which could cause smearing issues and discoloration. Reducing the quality or resolution setting may help with that.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please let us know.