Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/22/2022 1:09:27 PM(EST)
Lhurlburt

I have recently got a new laptop and now when I print out my labels the black circle/border is on all my labels for the ol5375 and I can not seem to get rid of them. I use Microsoft word version 10 to print with. Could someone help me with this?
#2 Posted : 2/23/2022 1:26:42 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. The borders on our Microsoft Word templates should be invisible when printing, but we have seen odd scenarios where certain versions of Word may have issues.

Is your new laptop a PC or a Mac? Microsoft Word can function pretty differently depending on whether it's running on a PC or a Mac computer.

We have two different Microsoft Word templates available for our products. The "Word 03" templates ensure proper compatibility with older versions of the program, while the "Word 07+" templates should provide the best compatibility with newer versions of Microsoft Word. You can see the two different versions of the template for OL5375 at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/templates/blank/ol5375?type=microsoft-word

Do you know which version you're using? If you're using templates that you had designed in the past, it's possible that they were created when the "Word 03" version was the only one available on the site. The "Word 07+" templates are relatively new. They were added to the site within the past year or so to resolve some compatibility issues that were occurring with the older templates in newer versions of Word. It may be worth downloading the "Word 07+" template to test if you're unsure which one you're currently using.

Please let me know when you've had a chance to test the "Word 07+" template. It's very possible that this new template version resolves the issues that you're experiencing.

#3 Posted : 3/7/2022 11:29:25 AM(EST)
Lhurlburt

So I got a chance to download both versions of the template and the borders are not on the 03 version but I can not seem to get them off the 07 version and I'm using Microsoft 11 software. Which is no big deal I'll just stick with the 03 version.
#4 Posted : 3/8/2022 8:13:02 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lhurlburt Go to Quoted Post
So I got a chance to download both versions of the template and the borders are not on the 03 version but I can not seem to get them off the 07 version and I'm using Microsoft 11 software. Which is no big deal I'll just stick with the 03 version.

I'm happy to hear that one of the template versions is working for you. We offer both because we have found that compatibility can vary across the various versions of Microsoft Word available. Please just let us know if you need any additional information or assistance.