Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/21/2022 3:22:19 PM(EST)
Pattytjh3128

United States

Hello!

I was hoping someone could make some recommendations for printers. I use the matte weatherproof polyester labels and I'm looking to buy a color laser printer. Can you make some suggestions? I will mostly be printing in blk/wht, but will be printing some in color. It is a very small business, so somewhat budget friendly ($500 or less preferably). I've seen recommendations from a few years ago, but was hoping to get an update in case there are any new options that you feel work best with the weatherproof polyester labels. It appears that HP is the way to go, but just wanted your input.

I appreciate the help!

Best regards,
Patty P.
#2 Posted : 2/22/2022 8:44:11 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Patty,

Thanks for checking with us. My preference is still the HP Color LaserJet Pro series of printers, but I've recently had a lot of success with the Canon imageCLASS LBP622Cdw as well. Both the HP Color LaserJet Pro and Canon imageCLASS series of printers have a variety of models available with different features and price points, so you should be able to find one that fits your budget.

Regardless of which model you wind up choosing, you'll want to make sure you adjust the paper type setting to achieve the best results when printing on label material. All laser printer models are typically set as default to print on plain copy paper. Adjusting to a heavier option such as photos, glossy, or labels will ensure that you get the best print quality and durability when printing on more specialized label materials.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: fredeharley4
#3 Posted : 2/23/2022 5:01:36 PM(EST)
Pattytjh3128

United States

Thanks so much for the suggestions and tips! This is very helpful, I appreciate it!

Thanks again!
Patty P.
#4 Posted : 4/11/2022 6:15:56 PM(EST)
jayjaycontreras21@yahoo.com

United States

Thank you so much for this information.
#5 Posted : 5/18/2022 1:17:02 AM(EST)
fredeharley4

United Kingdom

I Purchased an HP Color LaserJet Pro printer to replace an HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A that had poor print quality due to infrequent use and eventually the printheads became blocked despite cleaning. The cost of replacing the printheads and ink meant that it was (sadly) more cost-effective to look at a replacement. It was at this point I started to look at laser printers rather than inkjets. There are pros/cons for both, so it depends on the expected usage. For me, the factors were a) I print relatively infrequently, b) I do quite a bit of document scanning, and c) when I do print it is typically documents (mostly b/w) rather than photographs.

The infrequent printing pushed me towards the laser printer as the problems with the 8500A have been due to the ink drying out. From what I have read, this should not be an issue with toner.

Whist the initial purchase price is more than an inkjet (both on initial cost and toner), it appears that over time the running costs are cheaper (especially if I’m not replacing ink that has evaporated or clogged heads). The unit appears to come with a full black toner (circa 2,400 pages) and introductory color toners (circa 1,200 pages). Only time will tell. Replacement toner is available in both standard and high capacity. Although the larger capacity is more cost-effective, for my requirements the standard toner is going to last me years.