Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/17/2022 2:07:35 AM(EST)
eandldesignsau

Australia

I've recently ordered the clear labels and it's no longer working with foil. It used to work beautifully but now the foil is sticking to the entire page. Is this a batch issue or has the paper changed forever? Because I'm in Australia, it's difficult for me to just order more so I need to make certain that it's working again before I order... if it works again.
#2 Posted : 5/17/2022 8:42:05 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that your recent order did not work well with your foiling machine. The clear gloss laser material was originally developed specifically for use in toner-based printers. Over time, we learned that a number of our customers were having success with foiling machines, despite the material not being designed for that specific purpose.

We have dealt with isolated incidents in the past where certain batches of material didn't work as well with foiling machines, but we did our best to ensure compatibility as best as possible considering the circumstances. Slight variations to the laser topcoat had the potential of altering foiling performance, but even these batches still performed very well with standard laser printers.

Unfortunately, due to industry-wide supply chain issues we are unable to guarantee compatibility with foiling machines at this time. We're hopeful that we'll be able to support this application better in the future, but due to the uncertainty surrounding the supply chain crisis we can't estimate when that may occur.

In the meantime, please contact our support team directly before placing your next order. We'll do everything we can to accommodate your needs by checking lot and complaint history of the material we currently have in inventory. You can reach our support team directly by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

Edited by user Wednesday, May 18, 2022 8:11:19 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: eandldesignsau