Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/15/2023 6:37:54 PM(EST)
SigNature Touch

Hello,

I am using a Brother HL-L3 210CW printer and the matte weatherproof labels.

The majority of the label looks fine the only thing that looks really off is the “S” in our logo. The edges around the “s” look pixelated and rough. Doesn’t look smooth at all.

I used Canva to design the label and used the appropriate settings according to the label size. I am uploading a png into online labels, but the print does not look crisp.

This is the first time I’ve created lables using this printer and online labels. I am hoping there are settings or other tips that can help me get crips looking labels.

Thanks
#2 Posted : 1/16/2023 8:56:21 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that the resolution of your printed label is not as expected. Our Maestro Label Designer can also accept PDF files in addition to PNG and JPG. I would recommend exporting your design from Canva as a PDF rather than a PNG or other image file. A PDF will provide better resolution and retain the design size. You also want to make sure the design is set at a high resolution before exporting. We recommend a resolution of 300 dpi for optimal output.

Since your logo consists of letters only, you may want to consider designing within Maestro Label Designer. We offer the free Maestro Label Designer Font Finder extension for several of the popular internet browsers. This allows Maestro Label Designer to access fonts on your system that may not already be pre-loaded in the program.

Below is a link to the compatible browsers, their corresponding extensions, and step-by-step instructions. After completing the quick and easy installation process, fonts currently installed on your computer will automatically appear below the preset fonts in the "Font Family" dropdown.

Article: How to Install Fonts In Maestro Label Designer Using the Font Finder Extension

I hope these options help resolve the issue for you. If any other assistance is needed please let me know.