Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/21/2018 4:40:10 PM(EST)
lynetteb

United States

So I have been using Avery for my label creation when I can because I feel like Maestro is not as robust as Avery. I am now forced to use maestro for a particular label type as online labels does not make a compatible version of Avery's label # 6450.

Anyway, one issue I keep running into with maestro when designing my label. I am trying to add a curved text on the outside of my round label BUT the curved text will not curve correctly. I wish I could send you some images so you can see what prints from Avery and what is printing from maestro. One looks professional and well one doesn't (maestro)

Can someone help me in getting the curved text around a round label actually look curved?

Thanks!
#2 Posted : 3/22/2018 9:40:17 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
The arc text feature within Maestro Label Designer can be somewhat tricky to manipulate, but there are a couple of things you can try that should make it easier to adjust the curve to fit your specific design. The best way to adjust the size and degree of the curve would be to add the text to your design first, and then hold down the shift key as you resize the curved text. This will ensure that the curved text is resized proportionally, and should allow you to match a circular shape pretty closely.

Alternatively, you could use the width and height entry boxes located directly above the design area. With your text selected, manually inputting a width that is exactly twice the height will create a semi-circle shape. You may have to use trial and error to get the size just right, but as long as the width is twice the height the shape should remain a uniform semi-circle.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 4/17/2023 10:15:24 PM(EST)
Porter

i have been using this program for over 10 years and now can no longer arch my text in the program i have thousands of saved labels but today i have tried to ue this new text arch method and the text will not appear no matter how big i make it when i try to see it i export it and maybe only get one letter, What am i doing wrong.
#4 Posted : 4/18/2023 8:29:04 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with Maestro Label Designer's new arc text options. We have made some improvements that include new shape types and updated layout controls. This was to allow for more accurate curvature and to easily control the length of the arc by using a slide control. With these improvements, we've updated our tutorial at the link below to help guide you with these new features.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/how-to-add-edit-text

I was able to review your mostly recently saved design in Maestro Label Designer and noticed that there is additional curved text to the side of the label's design area. When moving this into your label and going to Print in the upper-right corner to open in the internet browser window, the PDF displays all text. I also exported by going to the File menu and choosing Export > Full Sheet, and found that the text was displaying correctly.

This could be browser-related. I am using Google Chrome on Windows 10. If you're using another browser, try launching Maestro Label Designer in Google Chrome to see if this resolves the issue. If you need additional assistance with this, please let me know.