Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/14/2015 9:03:58 AM(EST)
heatherm

United States

I bought OL2486 to be able to make closet dividers for my twins and as gifts for others I know with babies and small children.
I have used the maestro label designer, but when I try to print them the bottom 1/4 inch of the bottom row is white. I have everything lined up correctly using the alignment wizard. I even tried extending the bleed to .6 but it won't go to the bottom. I tried a few things and am getting a bit pissed about wasting sheets.

I just got a laptop and printer with Windows 10 and have tried switching from Edge to Explorer to Chrome. I have tried messing with the margins and bleed and no matter what, it will not print the bottom 1/4 inch.
#2 Posted : 12/14/2015 9:35:48 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. We need to establish whether it is a limitation of your printer. Some printers can only go to 0.5" from the bottom of the page. This may be the case with your printer.

Please print out the page at the link below to check your printer's non-printable margins. This will help to determine your printer's capabilities. Make sure that your page scaling is disabled or set to off when you print out this test page.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/misc/printermargin.pdf

Let me know the results.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 12/28/2015 9:25:41 PM(EST)
cp

United States

Hello...using Labels OL1102WJ . Did a test print and things are not in alignment. It Printed too far to the right
and also cut off wording on the bottom. I have edited to try to push everything away from the edge a bit for
forgiveness.
I did the margin test and here are the results.
I can see all boxes at TOP of page.
To the right I see .25 as the first box.
To the Left I see all boxes
At the bottom of page First box seen is .25

Thanks for advising how to adjust so I do not have any issues. I have not printed on an actual label as of
yet in fear of wasting. :-( Very frustrating. I will test again with having pushed the wording away from the
perimeter but wanted to get as much help as possible to avoid this from happening.

Additionally, I have another question..is there a way to extend the background color further beyond perimeter?
I believe the term is to prevent bleeding issues? I could not figure out how to do that in editing. I do see how you
can do that if you were to attach an image but not with just changing background color. Hopefully I am wrong. :-)

Thanks for your help!
#4 Posted : 12/28/2015 10:26:41 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: cp Go to Quoted Post
Hello...using Labels OL1102WJ . Did a test print and things are not in alignment. It Printed too far to the right
and also cut off wording on the bottom. I have edited to try to push everything away from the edge a bit for
forgiveness.
I did the margin test and here are the results.
I can see all boxes at TOP of page.
To the right I see .25 as the first box.
To the Left I see all boxes
At the bottom of page First box seen is .25

Thanks for advising how to adjust so I do not have any issues. I have not printed on an actual label as of
yet in fear of wasting. :-( Very frustrating. I will test again with having pushed the wording away from the
perimeter but wanted to get as much help as possible to avoid this from happening.

Additionally, I have another question..is there a way to extend the background color further beyond perimeter?
I believe the term is to prevent bleeding issues? I could not figure out how to do that in editing. I do see how you
can do that if you were to attach an image but not with just changing background color. Hopefully I am wrong. :-)

Thanks for your help!

CP - The product OL1102 should not have the same issues related to margins as item OL2486 (item initially referred to and discussed in this post). The product code OL1102 has plenty of spacing on all sides of the sheet so the margin test isn't really necessary since your printer's unprintable margin won't come into play on the item OL1102 like it would on product code OL2486.

That being said, I am a little confused by the results that you are claiming on the margin test. Is your printer going all the way to the edge at the top and the left side of the sheet (you can see the 0" box)? That would be strange because most printers do not print all the way to edge. There are some printers that can print to the edge, but they would print to the edge on all margins not just 2 of the sides. I want to establish that you have your page scaling set to None (should be printing at actual size) when printing out the PDF.

In regards to bleed - There is a bleed setting in Maestro Label Designer under Page Setup. If you are letting Maestro Label Designer do the background color and you enable the bleed in the Page Settings it will automatically extend the background color beyond the edge of the label.

Based on the issues that you are having, it sounds like you may need to make some slight adjustments to the margins in the Page Setup to get it to print just right.

I would be happy to work with you to get those settings right, but I would need to get the name of the design in your account and review the design. I rather not discuss the details of your Maestro Label Designer account on this forum so it is probably best to have you contact our customer service team at 1-888-575-2235 to work with you to make the appropriate adjustments to get everything lined up perfectly. Please feel free to call them at your convenience. Our phone support team is available Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST and on Saturdays from 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#5 Posted : 12/29/2015 9:00:35 AM(EST)
cp

United States

Thank you and apologies...I am new to posting in the forum and meant to start a new topic for myself.
It looks like I am getting about 1inch of space around the design section with the exception of
the right side which gives about 1/2 inch space. I will call in for help- thanks.
Cheryl
#6 Posted : 12/29/2015 10:56:40 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: cp Go to Quoted Post
Thank you and apologies...I am new to posting in the forum and meant to start a new topic for myself.
It looks like I am getting about 1inch of space around the design section with the exception of
the right side which gives about 1/2 inch space. I will call in for help- thanks.
Cheryl

Cheryl - That is strange that you are getting different margins on each side. This is definitely something that I think one of our customer service reps can troubleshoot. Please contact our support team at 1-888-575-2235 and let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com