Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/28/2015 5:53:46 PM(EST)
E.Unlimited

Im using OL330 but ive used others and had the same issue now with 2 different printers. They do not print even, as of right now they print to far to the right and too far the the bottom. Both with adobe acrobat and google chrome pdf, google pdf being even worse. Do i adjust margins than what they are originally set at and in what direction, more or less?
#2 Posted : 12/28/2015 10:42:53 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Can you provide some additional details on how much it is off and the direction it is off? If I know the specific amount it is off and the direction it is off, I can let you know the appropriate margin adjustments. It is common to have make some adjustments to the margins in your Page Setup in Maestro Label Designer if you are trying to print something and your design doesn't have a lot of room for movement. It is also critical that you have added a bleed to your label design if you have color going to the edge of the label.

I recommend that you check out printer alignment guide at the link below to see our most common recommendations.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide.htm

We are happy to work with you to trouble shoot the specific issues you are experiencing. It may be best for you to contact our customer support team at 1-888-575-2235 so they can review the specific design in Maestro Label Designer as opposed to providing that information in this public forum.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 12/29/2015 3:56:04 AM(EST)
E.Unlimited

probably 1-2 mm to the right and to the bottom
#4 Posted : 12/29/2015 7:18:05 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

You may want to make adjustments to your artwork to give yourself more room for movement. It is typically to get up to a 0.0625" (1/16" of an inch or 1-2 mm) movement due to drift in your printer feed from sheet to sheet. If you artwork doesn't allow for any movement you will generate a lot of wasted sheets. I recommend adding bleed to your design and removing borders (if you have a border on your design) and anything that makes it easy to see movement.

That being said, we can adjust for the 1-2 mm drift that you are getting. In order to correct for the issue, I recommend that you click on the Page Setup icon located next to the Print button in Maestro Label Designer. Once there, please change the left margin from 0.25 to 0.20. This will pull everything to the left by 0.05". Please change the top margin from 0.25 to 0.20. This will pull everything up the page by 0.05".

Please give that a try and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 12/29/2015 11:21:56 PM(EST)
E.Unlimited

well yah i always do that, but it's a pain in the a** to get right. I have to start over and print out new designs currently....25+ and it takes sometimes 20-30 minutes for each design to get perfect...but then i can print out a test label, it come out good then i print a sheet and it will be off, very frustrating. Any specific printers that lesson that shift? because if it keeps going this way i will have to pay to have them printed which is really expensive
#6 Posted : 12/30/2015 8:33:49 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

As I mentioned, it is common for there to be some movement when the sheet feeds through the printer. What type of printer are you using? I have found that laser printers with a tray tend to perform best. It is critical that the sheets are tight in the tray. Unfortunately, there is always going to be some very slight movement.

Based on the results you are getting, it sounds like you may need to create artwork that is more forgiving. Is it possible to remove borders or move your text or graphics inward? That will help a lot in my opinion.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com