Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/16/2016 5:19:39 PM(EST)
MarieM

United States

I have created a label using the template in Microsoft word 2007. The label type I have is OL400WR and I need each label to have some areas with unique information. I began using the mail merge & was successful except that when I design the label, it only prints on 1 side, i.e. the other half of the paper is blank or 2nd label on the sheet. Then the next item is on the 2nd page & so forth. If I copy the "skeleton" to the mail merge, once merged, page 1 is a duplicate of the same information & I get the full page printed on (2 labels) but duplicate labels produced. How do I use this template so that each label is merged with specific & unique information while avoiding duplicates?

Thanks!
#2 Posted : 3/17/2016 11:21:34 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
MarieM -

It sounds as if you may be designing your labels in "Full Sheet Design Mode". To have the labels print correctly, without duplicates, please create a new template and select the "Standard Design Mode" option. This will only give you one label to design, but the mail merge functionality will ensure that your labels print correctly with the specified information in each one.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional details please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 3/17/2016 11:59:01 AM(EST)
MarieM

United States

Thank you! Now to the next question--
I used the Microsoft Word template for this particular label from this online site. How do I switch to "Standard Design Mode"? Shouldn't this be the default mode for the template that is specific to the labels I purchased? I found the design mode in Word (Tool bar under developer) but I Can't seem to locate anything that differentiates between "standard" & "Full page".

Thanks in advance...
#4 Posted : 3/17/2016 12:15:56 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I apologize for the confusion - I misread your original post. My instructions to use "Standard Design Mode" refer to the mail merge functionality within our program, Maestro Label Designer. This would probably be the easiest method to complete your mail merge. You can access the Maestro Label Designer program at the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro-label-design-software.htm

As for Microsoft Word, we do have an illustrated step-by-step tutorial on our website that runs through the process of creating mail merged labels in Microsoft Word 2007. This tutorial can be accessed at the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Articles/creating_mail_merge_labels_2007.htm
#5 Posted : 3/17/2016 12:17:57 PM(EST)
MarieM

United States

Thank you! I will check both out. Appreciate it...