Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/2/2016 10:12:23 AM(EST)
greenlove

United States

With my HP Color Laser Jet CP2025 I'm getting shadows of repeated objects printing on the Online Label gold foil sheets. Any way to clear that?
#2 Posted : 4/3/2016 2:34:09 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I did a search of our support database to find customer surveys where users purchased the gold foil material and used a HP LaserJet CP 2025. Nearly all the customer feedback surveys of users who purchased gold foil and used that printer were very postive. I did come across a few that had some recommedations.

One of the recommendations was that selecting the media type of "glossy heavy stock paper" in the media type settings significantly improved the results. Before changing the settings the customer mentioned that when printing using standard settings that the toner transferred from the third line of labels to the fourth, and from the fourth onto the next page.

The user also mentioned that the issue only seemed to happen after the printer heated up. They mentioned that they got better results on the first print after the printer had cooled down.

Please try to changing the media type / paper settings in the Printer Dialog Box that pops up when you go to print. Let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: greenlove
#3 Posted : 4/3/2016 8:05:51 PM(EST)
greenlove

United States

Dave, That totally worked!
I recommend that printing tip be added to the description of the gold foil labels.
#4 Posted : 4/3/2016 8:08:17 PM(EST)
greenlove

United States

I would also clarify that a good word to describe the problem is "ghosting", but setting the paper/media type to "heavy glossy" resulting in perfect printing.
#5 Posted : 4/4/2016 6:43:33 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue. I'll talk to our technical team about getting some additional information added to our printing tips for the gold foil material.

Thanks for the feedback and your business!

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com