Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/10/2016 4:29:42 PM(EST)
Beach Bird

United States

I'm using Maestro Designer and am printing text only. I have plenty of margin space in the software and have tried the alignment wizard but the printing is askew. The third column is the only one printing correctly; the other two are out of alignment.
My labels with graphics are all ok, just the ones with text only.
If there is a way to post a photo let me know, I don't see how to do that.
Thanks!
Robin

#2 Posted : 5/11/2016 2:58:42 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Robin -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I've completed some test prints with the OL875 template in Maestro Label Designer and can confirm that the template is functioning correctly. I'm able to print sheets with all 30 labels properly aligned.

Which internet browser are you using to open Maestro Label Designer? If you're using a browser that opens PDF files in an internal PDF viewer rather than Adobe Reader there are potentially some suggestions we can make to improve the printing results.

If you'd like to send over some images illustrating the problem please submit a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

One of our customer service representatives would be happy to review the information and assist you with the issue.
#3 Posted : 5/12/2016 11:28:40 AM(EST)
Beach Bird

United States

I'm using Google Chrome, current version and it's using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I'll send a photo to the link.
Thanks so much for your help!!!
Robin
#4 Posted : 5/16/2016 10:19:44 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Robin,

I was able to locate the image that you sent to our customer service department. The issue that is displayed in the image is definitely an odd one, especially considering the fact that you're using Adobe Reader and your other label designs with images are printing with the correct alignment.

Regardless, there are a couple of suggestions that could potentially improve the alignment of your printed labels.

- When printing your labels make sure that that the page scaling option in the print dialog box is set to "Actual Size" or "None". If the scaling is set to "Fit" or "Fit to Page" then you may see some odd alignment issues on your printed labels.

- Within the printer options, make sure to set the material type setting for your printer to a heavier paper type such as labels, heavy paper, or cardstock. This should slow down the feed through your printer, and potentially allow for less movement of the label sheets as they are printed. In some cases, this can improve slight alignment issues that occur while printing.

If you've tried both of these suggestions and are still experiencing the issue, please complete the alignment questionnaire that our customer service department linked to in their email response to you. They can use the information provided to work one-on-one with you to resolve the issue that you're having.

I hope this helps. If you should need any additional information please let me know.
#5 Posted : 5/17/2016 5:13:36 PM(EST)
Beach Bird

United States

I did have the setting to actual size, but changed the paper setting from glossy photo to premium glossy photo and everything is printing correctly. Yea!!!
Thanks again!!
Robin
#6 Posted : 5/18/2016 8:07:47 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. If you should require any additional information please just let us know. Thank you for your business!