Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/15/2016 10:43:16 AM(EST)
NateMartinez

United States

I am designing new ID badges for company and decided to use Maestro. I was able to mail merge all the information like name, ID number, etc. but the ID's we'd like to make should have the employees picture. Since we will be printing 9 different ID's per page, I would like to know how to print 9 different employee IDs on a sheet with each ID having their corresponding picture. Thanks for anyone's help!
#2 Posted : 6/16/2016 6:37:27 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Unfortunately, Maestro Label Designer doesn't currently support different images on each label as part of our mail merge feature. The mail merge feature can only handle different text and barcodes on each label at this time. You can accomplish what you are trying to do in Maestro Label Designer, but it you wouldn't be able to use our mail merge feature to do it. You would need to manually do it by uploading each image separately and then inserting them into your design. You would have to create a separate design file for each page (9 per sheet) and manually type the information in for each different label. This would probably be very time consuming if you have a large database of users.

There are software programs out there that are specifically built for ID management and printing ID cards. The ID badge management software on the market that I have seen normally runs locally on your system (rather than web-based) and has a built-in database that allows storage of an image associated with each ID. You may want to consider looking at these options as opposed to using Maestro Label Designer.

We have definitely considered adding this functionality, but we have had concerns related to download time & speed when generating a PDF file for printing when there is a file with a large numbers of images. We hope to offer support for this functionality in the future.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 6/16/2016 9:28:05 AM(EST)
NateMartinez

United States

Thank you for making me aware that I cannot input different images. Since I can't do that, how can I download the blank starting template to Word 2010? When I use the website and try to download a template, just a blank document appears. The template has nothing in it and there is not perfect outline of the label with the whole shown so I am unable to accurately design the label.
#4 Posted : 6/16/2016 2:14:36 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
If you see a blank Word document when opening the OL202 template the gridlines are likely being hidden from view. With the document open, click on the Layout tab direct below Table Tools in the menu bar. In the settings that open below, on the far left side you should see an option titled View Gridlines. Clicking on this button should make the gridlines of this template visible.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require any additional information.
#5 Posted : 6/21/2016 10:26:06 AM(EST)
NateMartinez

United States

Josh, the gridlines show up but it does not look anything like the template you get when you get a PDF version. The PDF version has rounded corners, and the ovular punch out hole, which is not visible or shown on the Word template.I was hoping for those to be visible on the Word template so that I would be able to perfectly align pictures and text to fit on the ID cards.
#6 Posted : 6/21/2016 11:12:07 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NateMartinez Go to Quoted Post
Josh, the gridlines show up but it does not look anything like the template you get when you get a PDF version. The PDF version has rounded corners, and the ovular punch out hole, which is not visible or shown on the Word template.I was hoping for those to be visible on the Word template so that I would be able to perfectly align pictures and text to fit on the ID cards.

Unfortunately, that is a limitation of Microsoft Word. To deal with this issue, you will need to lay out your text and images and be mindful of the location of the corners and the punch out so you don't put text or copy in those areas.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com