Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/16/2016 4:39:34 PM(EST)
Sarah K

United States

This may be a very basic question but I can't figure out how to draw a vertical line in Maestro. I can use the grid lines as a guide but that is only approximate. If it is the x,y co-ordinates, why is there only one set when a line is defined by 2 points. What am I missing? Thanks.
#2 Posted : 7/17/2016 11:10:40 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Sarah K - To draw a vertical line, just click on the Add Shapes button and then click on the line tool (it is the 3rd button from the left). Click on the spot where you want to start the line and pull your mouse downward to the point where you want your line to stop.

I assume your issue is that it is difficult to make the line perfectly straight. To make the line perfectly straight, hold down your Shift button at the same time that you are drawing the line. Holding the Shift key while drawing the line will constrain it to the Y axis.

Let me know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 7/18/2016 1:57:28 PM(EST)
Sarah K

United States

Thanks - that does answer my question. I'm sorry I could not find it in your basic instructions. I appreciate your prompt response. Sarah