Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/21/2016 8:59:41 PM(EST)
kvonb

United States

I recently applied the weatherproof labels to lip balms tubes. The label wraps all the way around the tube and sticks to itself. Some are sticking just fine. A lot are unsticking from the label and some are even lifting at both ends - from the label and lifting off the tube. I did make sure the tubes were very clean before applying the labels. It is a full color print on the labels. Prior batches were without a full color print and stuck just fine. The one potential issue I can think of: I made the mistake of using a laser printer (forgot these were inkjet!) Would this cause it to lift from the from the other end of the label and from the tube?? About half (of 160) are sticking just fine. A lot of pressure was applied to all of them. Why are they lifting and what can I do to fix?
#2 Posted : 7/22/2016 7:06:59 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 38 post(s)
How much of the label is overlapping onto itself? Is there printing on the part that is overlapping?

Seeing as the issue wasn't happening before the labels were printed, I think it may be worth trying to remove the printing (assuming you have 100% print coverage on the labels) from the area where the label is over-wrapping. This may help since the label will be sticking to itself rather than the toner from the printer. Can you modify your artwork and try leaving the area where the label over-wraps onto itself blank and see if that helps improve the performance?

Also - Here is an article with some recommended tips on how to get lip balm labels to stick better to the surface of the lip balm containers.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Articles/tips-to-applying-lip-balm-labels.htm

Please give a few of these recommendations a try and let me know if the results improve. If not, let me know and we can continue to work on a solution.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnllineLabels.com

Edited by user Friday, July 22, 2016 7:13:04 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : 7/22/2016 2:37:23 PM(EST)
Amanda

I have this problem sometimes and honestly I just add a tiny bit of superglue to the ends and a dot in the middle and it stays perfectly and doesn't seep through the label or anything.
#4 Posted : 7/3/2018 7:52:41 PM(EST)
tboersma

Canada

I have been having the same problem with the kraft lip balm labels. The end that overlaps continues to pop up. There is no printing where the label sticks to itself.
#5 Posted : 7/4/2018 8:08:24 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tboersma Go to Quoted Post
I have been having the same problem with the kraft lip balm labels. The end that overlaps continues to pop up. There is no printing where the label sticks to itself.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. I will assume that you have read through the recommendations in the article that I referenced in my prior post.

I see you have purchased the brown kraft labels from us on multiple occassions. We did some updates to our brown kraft material a few months ago and it has improved the performance of the adhesive on many surfaces. The newer variant of the product will likely resolve the sticking issue you are experiencing.

I see your most recent order (placed on 4/11/2018) for the 5" x 1" labels is on the newer variant of the product whereas the orders prior to that date are on the older variant of the product. I assume the sticking issue you are experiencing is related to product OL421BK (2.125" x 1.6875") which I show was on the older variant of the product.

I would be happy to get you some samples of the updated product so you can test the newer variant of the product to see if it resolves the issues. Assuming the samples resolve the issue, our customer service team would be happy to work with you to replace the product.

Let us know how you would like to proceed so I can enter a sample request for you.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com