Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/2/2016 10:02:24 PM(EST)
BillWiltsch

Using Maestro to create labels. For the OL2279 and OL893, the photos look fine in Maestro, when I go to print it will either have four flat sides or two - none turn out circular or oval. Cannot figure out a pattern, such as the way they are cropped. Have moved the margins around, no help.

BTW, I found the word.doc templates impossible to use properly. One or two pictures might work, then I would have a picture that just could not be moved to the center of the template, or was pushed off to the side; and/or I could not select the picture, could not rotate the picture. Maddening, so I went to Maestro (which could use a bulk photo uploader instead of one by one).
#2 Posted : 8/3/2016 1:19:06 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BillWiltsch Go to Quoted Post
Using Maestro to create labels. For the OL2279 and OL893, the photos look fine in Maestro, when I go to print it will either have four flat sides or two - none turn out circular or oval. Cannot figure out a pattern, such as the way they are cropped. Have moved the margins around, no help.

BTW, I found the word.doc templates impossible to use properly. One or two pictures might work, then I would have a picture that just could not be moved to the center of the template, or was pushed off to the side; and/or I could not select the picture, could not rotate the picture. Maddening, so I went to Maestro (which could use a bulk photo uploader instead of one by one).

BillWiltsch - I checked in to the issue that you are seeing in Maestro Label Designer. The way that it is displaying is related to the way that our software cuts away imagery that isn't necessary to be printed (this reduces the amount of ink used). The areas that you noticing where it is cut off or flat are all outside of the label. In other words, when you peel away the label from the sheet, those areas aren't on the label so they should have no impact on how your printed label actually looks once it is peeled from the sheet.

In regards to the Microsoft Word templates issues that you are experiencing - it is difficult to format images in Word. It can be done, but it gets tricky when you import an image and it is larger than the cell (the label). I assume that is why you are having trouble working with your images on the Word template. When this is the case it becomes a little difficult to click on the image and work with it. You can overcome these issues, but it would a lot easier to just use Maestro Label Designer.

Let me know if this helps explain and clears up your concern. If you still have concerns, I am happy to make some additional recommendations.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: BillWiltsch
#3 Posted : 8/4/2016 12:28:20 PM(EST)
BillWiltsch

Ahh, thanks, I did not think to try to do an overlay; I have been printing on regular paper and have done some overlays, but I guess I did not do that with the Maestro circle ones. Makes sense, thanks much.