Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/23/2016 10:05:01 PM(EST)
dtracz

United States

Support says there is a place to change the unit of measure but I can't find it? I tried both Maestro and the online label software. I need to be in ounces. Also how to I add the list of ingredients to be displayed at the bottom of the nutrition label?
#2 Posted : 8/25/2016 6:49:27 AM(EST)
Brandon

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For the Nutrition Label Generator, the FDA requires certain fields to be displayed in specific units of measure. Those fields are preset and cannot be modified as doing so would go against the guidelines the FDA has created unfortunately. We may add a feature in the future which would allow other measurements to be entered, and the generator will convert it automatically to the FDA required measurement. I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature so I'll let our development team know.

What can be modified is the serving size units as well as if you wish to input the values in either the unit of measure, or the percent of Daily Value. To enter the percent, you will find a drop down titled Vitamin Data Format, and change that to Percentage from Units of Measure.

Regarding the ingredients, the Nutrition Label Generator doesn't provide the option of including a list of ingredients below the nutrition label as the FDA does not intend to have them included on the nutrition label itself. What can be done to include ingredients is to use our Maestro Label Designer to create both a Nutrition Label and a list of ingredients on the same design to complete your finished product label.

I hope this helps!

Edited by user Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:50:48 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified