Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/23/2016 8:21:32 PM(EST)
MC208

United States

I'm trying to print on this tan paper with my Canon iP7200 inkjet printer but I can't figure out how to get better quality printing. The black ink doesn't look solid. I can see white specs in it. (see attached image. I took this with my phone so it's not great, but you can still see the lousy print quality. Is this paper no good to print on? It says it's ok for inkjet and laser. I put the printer on high quality photo to achieve this. On other settings, it looked worse

See image
#2 Posted : 10/24/2016 8:48:07 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
MC208 -

I'm sorry to hear about the printing issues that you've experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. Based upon the image that you provided it looks like the problem may be related to over-saturation, which can cause the ink to pool or form beads on the surface of the sheet. Generally, with our color label materials we do recommend using the photo material setting, but with the normal quality setting rather than the highest quality setting. The highest quality setting usually outputs more ink, which can contribute to over-saturation issues. If you haven't already, please try printing the design again using the photo material setting coupled with the normal print quality setting.

If you have tried that combination of settings without success, you could potentially try using the Print as Image function within Adobe Reader. This setting can be located by clicking on the "Advanced" button within the printer dialog box. The Print as Image setting will compile your image differently when sending it to the printer and can sometimes have a positive impact on print quality, especially in situations where the design in question consists primarily of black print.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional details please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 10/24/2016 8:52:20 AM(EST)
MC208

United States

I don't know if I'd say that it's over saturated, the printing is just not solid dark black. Anyways, I have a call request in for you guys to call me this morning, actually in just a few minutes if I remember right, so I'll wait for your call.