Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/27/2016 4:50:41 PM(EST)
bdayton50@gmail.com

Hello ... I recently purchased a Brother HL-3170CDW which is suppose to be able to print on gloss paper/labels, however, I keep getting error messages. I have labels from 'OnLine' as well as another company. After finally getting connected to Brother and much diagnostics, they determined an equipment failure. We kept talking and what was last mentioned was that the gloss labels must be made of acrylic, not something I found mentioned anywhere, so FYI, if you're having this same problem, you might want to first make sure what materials your glass paper labels are made from.

Thanks.
#2 Posted : 10/29/2016 7:12:13 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing. Can you provide more details on the error that you are getting? Does it error before it starts feeding the material or does it jam? Are you having any issues with the other materials that you purchased from us running through your printer?

Our gloss white material is a coated paper. I have never heard it characterized as "acrylic". We have a printer lab at our facility and do test our materials on Brother printers. I am not aware of any incompatibilities with our gloss white laser material and Brother printers. I also checked our printer feedback surveys in regards to our gloss white laser material being used with the Brother HL-3170CDW. I found 13 surveys where customers were using that specific printer model with our gloss white laser material. In reading the surveys, I don't see any issues with that material feeding through that printer.

Let me know more details so I can have our person who runs our product testing look further into this issue on Monday when he is in the office.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com