Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/18/2016 12:26:07 PM(EST)
Kerriannpero

United States

I am using an Epson 3880 printer with the glossy inkjet labels. The dark colors are blotchy looking as if the ink is beading up on the surface. I am printing using the glossy photo setting with photo black ink. I've tried changing the paper type to several other kinds and it does the some thing. Any suggestions?
#2 Posted : 11/19/2016 12:57:01 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
We have several different glossy inkjet label materials (paper based - WG material code, poly-based & weatherproof - WJ material code) so I am not sure which of our products you are using. I tried looking up your order history with us so I could confirm the products that you are purchasing from us, but I wasn't able to find your email address in our system.

Can you confirm that you are using OnlineLabels.com brand glossy inkjet labels? Can you let me know the specific product code that you purchased?

Let me know and then I can do a little more research on the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 11/19/2016 1:20:20 PM(EST)
Kerriannpero

United States

The labels I ordered were OL9805WG
7.5" x 10".

Thanks for looking into this.
#4 Posted : 11/20/2016 9:24:29 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Thanks for the information. I did a search of our customer printer feedback surveys on the Epson 3800 and Epson 3880 printers. We had quite a few surveys that were filled out on this printer and, generally speaking, it looks like our customers who were surveyed had very good results with our glossy inkjet labels and this printer. I didn't see anybody mention anything in regards to blurry or blurred print results. I did see that most used the glossy paper settings for best results.

This leads me to believe that there may be some type of issue with your print heads or the ink density settings when printing. Here is an Epson printer support page that I found on the web that had a quite a few trouble shooting techniques.

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pho22_/pho22_rf/trble_2.htm

It lists some troubleshooting for techniques for blurry or blurred print. Based on their recommendations, I think it may be worth trying the following:

Run the Head Cleaning utility.
Run the Print Head Alignment utility.
Change the strength of the Color Density in the Paper Configuration dialog box.

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pho22_/pho22_rf/softw_2.htm#adjusting the paper configuration d

Let me know if any these recommendations help to improve the results or correct the issue.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#5 Posted : 11/22/2016 11:12:57 AM(EST)
Kerriannpero

United States

Well, after almost 20 tries on the sticker paper, I have produced a good image. Here's the settings:
Metallic Photo Glossy paper
Advanced Color Settings:
Contrast 10
Saturation 10
Color Density -10
Paper thickness 4
Platen Gap - wider

It's frustrating that I had to waste so much paper, but when I finally print these stickers of my students' work, it'll be worth it.

Thanks for the tip on the density.
Kerri Pero
#6 Posted : 11/22/2016 4:02:31 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I am glad to hear that you were able to find a printer setting that improved the results. I am sorry to hear that you went through so many sheets in the process.

Please feel free to submit a support ticket to us at https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx and reference your order number and this forum post. I will have our customer service team send you a reward code good for a discount on your next order with us to help make up for the lost sheets. I would just send to you, but I don't show that your forum email address matches up with any account in our system.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com