Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/10/2017 11:53:41 AM(EST)
kwok

Hi,
I am testing with the weatherproof gloss inkjet label and my printer is Epson Artisan 730. After I printed colors on the labels, waited for a few hours, rinsed them in water and used paper towel to dry them, I could see colors coming off onto the paper towel.

I tried different settings in my printer but the results were the same. Can you help me to solve this problem? Is it something to do with my ink?

Thanks!
#2 Posted : 1/11/2017 12:17:29 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
kwok -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

Are you using official Epson ink cartridges? If so, the ink shouldn't be a problem. If you are using recycled or non-Epson cartridges then that could potentially be an issue.

I don't have access to the Epson Artisan 730 for testing purposes, but I did skim through the user manual online this morning looking for some additional suggestions regarding the proper settings to use. Here are a few things to try:

- Adjust the material type setting within your printer options. Looking at the list of material type options in the manual there are a number of similar selections that could potentially work for this material, so some trial and error may be required. The most suitable material type options appear to be Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Photo Paper Glossy, and Premium Photo Paper Semi-Gloss.

- If you've already tried the material types listed above you may need to adjust your print quality setting. In my experience, Epson printers tend to output a higher volume of ink compared to other printer models. This can result in over-saturation of the material and can be a cause of the issue that you've described. If you're using the highest quality print setting, reducing the print quality would potentially result in a more durable print that is less prone to smearing in contact with moisture.

- According to the manual there's an additional setting available within your printer options for print density. Reducing the print density should have a similar effect as reducing the print quality - ink output that is less dense and less prone to smearing and smudging.

I hope this information helps. If you need a few extra sample sheets for testing please just let me know. I'll be happy to have them sent out this afternoon.
#3 Posted : 1/12/2017 12:24:49 AM(EST)
kwok

Hi Josh,

Yes, I am using the official Epson ink cartridges that come with the printer. And I followed your instruction and tried reducing the density and quality to their lowest value. But the colors still came off onto the damped paper towel.

I got a few weatherproof gloss labels from my first order. If you can send me some weatherproof matte labels to try, it would be great.

Thanks!
#4 Posted : 1/12/2017 11:16:20 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

kwok -

I was able to locate your account and have entered the sample request for you - they'll be shipped out this afternoon. If you should have any questions upon receiving the samples please just let us know.
#5 Posted : 1/14/2017 11:41:33 AM(EST)
1msr

Canada

I printed my labels with an HP inkjet printer on your Clear Gloss for Inkjet labels, OL150CK and mailed my packages in a heavy cardboard envelope. When they arrived, the ink on the labels had ran, quite a lot.

Do you have a Weatherproof Clear-Gloss label that works with Inkjet, or, do you have a weatherproof Clear Gloss Label that would work with Laser? I need to re-order but if these only work with Laser, I will have to buy a new printer. As such, I am presently putting another clear label over-top of the printed one, but this is costly.

Please advise,

Regards,

#6 Posted : 1/16/2017 11:07:09 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

1msr -

Unfortunately, we do not have a weatherproof clear gloss material that is compatible with inkjet printers. Our clear gloss material for laser printers is considered to be weatherproof and should hold up very well to moisture and heavy handling. You can view additional information about this material type at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/material_crystal_clear_laser_labels.htm

If you'd like to try the clear gloss laser material before placing an order you can request samples at the following link:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx