Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/19/2017 8:25:41 PM(EST)
ceannekosel

I haven't been able to use precut labels because they never come out straight. We have a border around our label and one side is always thicker than the other or not there at all. Any tips on how to get our laser printer to pull the paper straight and print even. I'd really like these to work out but I don't want to print all 100 sheets and get one label. We love the full sheet labels but I'm tried of cutting them by hand :/

Thanks for any tips,
CeAnne
#2 Posted : 1/20/2017 12:40:21 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
CeAnne -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. Because of the feeding mechanisms used on desktop inkjet and laser printers there will always be some amount of shift or movement as the sheets feed through the printer. This shift can be especially noticeable when trying to incorporate a border into your label design.

Unfortunately, there is no definitive means to eliminating the printer shift entirely, but there are a couple of things you can try that might help:

- If at all possible, removing the border from your design would probably be the easiest solution. The shift that's occurring is more than likely minor, but borders tend to highlight the issue.

- You could also try altering the design to bring the border in to some degree. Instead of having the border reach all the way to the edge of the label, leaving a little bit of blank space between the edge of the label and the border could have a positive impact on the printing results as well.

- Adjusting the material type within your printer options to a heavier setting (Labels, Heavy Paper, Thick Paper, Card Stock, etc.) should result in a slower feed through the printer, and can result in better print alignment.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 1/20/2017 1:39:44 PM(EST)
ceannekosel

Hmmm, taking off the border sort of ruins our look across the board and the other options don't seem to be working. I may just have to return these labels. They just don't pull consistently in our laser printer which is too bad. We love the uncut stock but are just tired of cutting labels by hand. Thanks for the try though.