Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/5/2017 9:42:26 PM(EST)
V

United States

This may seem like a rather redundant question, but are the blank waterproof labels actually waterproof if you print them yourself? It seems that they would need some sort of protective layer over the ink in order to keep it from running in wet environments.
#2 Posted : 2/6/2017 10:56:29 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you for your inquiry. Our blank weatherproof labels for both inkjet and laser printing are designed to hold up well to direct contact with moisture, even after being printed.

Our weatherproof label materials for inkjet printing are specially formulated to work with standard inkjet printers. These products feature a topcoat that is designed to encapsulate and protect the ink as it's absorbed into the sheet. After printing, the ink won't smear when touched with a wet hand or soaked in water.

Our weatherproof materials for laser printing are designed for use with standard desktop laser printers. The toner is fused onto a durable polyester material that will hold up extremely well to direct contact with moisture.

You may need to adjust the the material type and print quality settings within your printer options to achieve the most durable results. Usually, material settings such as Photo, Glossy, Labels, or Heavy paper will provide the best results. The best print quality setting to use will likely be "Normal" - the "Best" quality setting could potentially oversaturate the special inkjet topcoat mentioned above.

If you'd like to try samples of any of our weatherproof materials before placing an order you can enter a request at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this information helps. If you should require any additional details please just let me know.

#3 Posted : 2/9/2017 10:33:46 PM(EST)
jackal

United States

They definitely are!! I've been using them to create stickers with my art on them for the past two years, and they've held up fantastically. I use the inkjet kind, no problems yet!