Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/6/2017 11:03:38 PM(EST)
MikeyJoe

United States

Hello,
While searching for a supplier of label sheets I found OnlineLabels. I was planning on designing and printing labels using a program which I have used for years but when I found Maestro I decided that using it would be much simpler so I ordered labels and set out designing them.
By the time my order arrived I had designed the labels I need and I was ready to start printing.

I had seen that Maestro would allow users to print multiple designs on a single sheet so when I proceeded to start my trial run I was surprised to learn that I could not use several of my designs on the same sheet.
Immediately I assumed that I had overlooked something in the process so I started searching your help section and found the tutorial called "How to Print Multiple Designs and Partial Print Sheets in Maestro Label Designer". I assumed that this would address my problem but soon learned that it was possible to do this only if each label was being designed as it was being put on the sheet or if I wanted to use the pre-designed labels.

Next I started reading the forums and found a post which addressed the issue called "Multiple designs already created, can I combine them?".
After reading this post and the response it now looks as if there is no simple way to create the sheets which I need.

Again, I am hoping that I am overlooking something because I cannot find a way to cut & paste images from a second design without resetting the sheet to it's original "all red" setting.
To cut the images from a second label it must be opened and when I do, the sheet resets. I even tried opening Maestro in two tabs hoping that I could use one tab for cutting and the second tab for pasting and then adding to the sheet, but obviously this did not work.

So, I am hoping someone can explain how I can open a second (and so on) design so I can cut the images from it without the reset to "red".
If this is not possible, is there a piece of software from a third party which would include templates for OnlineLabels and allow printing multiple designs on a single sheet?

I'm sure that other users would like to do the same thing that I want to do and they are probably running sheets through their printer multiple times to achieve this.
It would be so much easier if saved designs could be used the same as your pre-designed labels.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated. If I cannot find a way to make this work I will have to abandon my project or look for another source.

Thanks,
MikeyJoe
#2 Posted : 2/7/2017 5:38:12 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
It sounds like you have already created all your designs and saved each one as its own design file. Putting them all into one design file can still be accomplished, but it is a little trickier. To make this work, I would recommend that you create a new saved design file where you plan to put all your designs.

From there, you will need to open each design and copy/paste it back into the newly saved design file on the main palette/tab. I know it will reset to the main tab (what you are calling Red) each time. Just paste them all onto that tab. Make sure they don't overlap as that will make it tougher to copy / paste the images to move them onto their own tab later. Once you have all the designs pasted onto the main palette, you can then start creating a tab for each different design. You would then just copy / paste each one onto its own tab / design palette.

Once you have each of designs on its own palette/tab, you can then select which design you want in each label cell. I know this is sort of difficult to explain. If you want to talk to our customer service team, they can probably help walk you through the process. You can reach them at 1-888-575-2235 - 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

I hope this information is helpful.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 2/7/2017 1:58:53 PM(EST)
MikeyJoe

United States

Hello again,
Thank you for responding, I do appreciate the information.
But you are correct, that is somewhat complicated. I understand what you have described so I doubt that I would need to contact customer service but it is nice to know that the option is available.

After reading many of the posts regarding Maestro it seems like there have been several people who want to accomplish the same thing that I do and it seems that they have all been surprised to learn that it was not a simple process.
Perhaps it is my fault for making an assumption but before placing an order I read that different labels could be printed on the same sheet and never imagined that it would only apply to labels that were created on the fly.

It has been many years since I studied programming in college and I would have no idea how to go about it but it seems like this would be a useful feature which could be added to Maestro with minimal effort.
Maybe Maestro was not intended for making small batches of different labels but it would be a nice feature if it was a drag and drop process.

One last question: is there a third party product available which includes OnlineLabel templates?
Perhaps a PrintMaster or similar product?

Thanks again,
MikeyJoe
#4 Posted : 2/8/2017 5:31:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

We are in the process of redesigning the interface for Maestro Label Designer. I suspect that the beta version of new interface will be launching in the next few weeks. Once we complete that launch, we will be working on adding new features

I agree that a tool that allows the quick import of existing designs into a new design would be helpful feature. I will definitely recommend that our team consider the addition of this feature.

I know you can find our templates in Microsoft Word and variety of label programs. That being said, formatting labels can sometimes be challenging and I do believe Maestro Label Designer is by far the best tool for accomplishing the task. It is much easier to use than Microsoft Word and most of the tools specifically geared for printing documents (not labels) in my opinion.

Thanks. I am happy to provide additional help or support if you have any additional questions.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 4/9/2017 9:41:42 PM(EST)
Basketbagley

United States

I was just now searching for information about doing the same thing. I will be manufacturing in small batches for freshness and to order, so I won't always need a full sheet of labels for the product. It would be EXTREMELY helpful to those of us in the natural/organic cosmetic industry to be able to pre-design our labels and then be able to set them up to print multiple designs.

Thanks for listening to our needs and suggestions!
#6 Posted : 4/10/2017 9:42:24 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Basketbagley Go to Quoted Post
I was just now searching for information about doing the same thing. I will be manufacturing in small batches for freshness and to order, so I won't always need a full sheet of labels for the product. It would be EXTREMELY helpful to those of us in the natural/organic cosmetic industry to be able to pre-design our labels and then be able to set them up to print multiple designs.

Thanks for listening to our needs and suggestions!

Thanks for the feedback. In order to do this, you would need to save all your designs within one Maestro Label Designer design file (each on a separate tab). Once you do that, Maestro Label Designer does support the ability to print different designs on the same sheet. You can see a tutorial on how to do this at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/GettingStarted/Multiple-Partial.aspx

The link above explains how to do this in the existing version of Maestro Label Designer. We just launched a new look version of Maestro Label Designer and we are in the process of updating our documentation on the site. When you currently launch Maestro Label Designer, you get the option to try new the version. The new version works very similar to the existing version for putting multiple designs on one sheet. In the new version, the different designs within a design file are in a list on the left side rather than on tabs.

We are definitely planning to do further work in this area in the near future and we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com