Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/11/2017 1:47:36 AM(EST)
Tom_labels

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have designed my own labels in Adobe photoshop CS5 using a template size 144mm x 23mm so that the design size exactly matches the Online Label size

I have downloaded the open office template from the Online Labels website, for the label size 144mm 23mm (9 labels per sheet)

When I add the JPG to the open office template the software seems to automatically readjust the table row by adding an empty line of text below the JPG - i.e. increasing the row height automatically. This then causes all the rows/cells below to be shifted down a notch. And then, of course, each additional JPG I add into subsequent rows causes further mis-alignment.

I have tried copy and pasting the jpg, as well as using the 'insert picture' from the main menu, both have the same effect.

I have tried different variations of 'anchoring' and 'wrapping' but this doesn't seem to help either.

Its as if the software always wants or expects there to be some text in each cell. So even though my JPG is designed to fit exactly the dimensions of the cells, the cursor moves to below the JPG automatically causing the cell to expand (whether there is actually any text there or not).

Grateful for any advice

Thanks
Tom
#2 Posted : 2/12/2017 7:22:15 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Unfortunately, I don't have OpenOffice on my machine in order to do testing. I did a little research on this issue and came across this post on the OpenOffice forum. I believe the people on this forum are having the same issue. They talk about a variety of resolutions / workarounds.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2994

Have you considered using our Maestro Label Designer software? Compared to Microsoft Word or OpenOffice, I feel it is significantly easier to format labels. It is web-based software so there is nothing to download. You can check it out the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro-label-design-software.htm

Thanks for your inquiry. I am happy to try to provide additional support.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com