Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/19/2017 6:02:09 PM(EST)
Cheese wedge and wheel labels

United States

Any recommendations on avoiding crumpling and jamming of waterproof label stock? I take my label stock to Office Depot/Office Max, and they print with a Xerox Docucolor C60, which can work perfectly, everything lines up well, color is great, but the 3" x 2" 10-up labels seem to jam, crumple, double up. Not a problem with the 4" x 2" waterproof, or the 2" x 2" waterproof label. Could there be adhesive leaking out of the die cuts causing this, or could the static electricity which these labels create big time be the cause. The staff person said it was a problem with the output roller. Sometimes I request that they print in batches of less than 20 and give the machine a few seconds to cool down between - that seems to help sometimes.
Any suggestions appreciated!

And, by the way, I have had no success with the ink jet waterproof labels on my home printer. The ink flakes off. I have to iron them (warm) to get the ink to stick.
#2 Posted : 4/20/2017 2:36:55 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

The 3" x 2" weatherproof polyester labels should perform just like the 4" x 2" and 2" x 2" labels - the label material and production methods are identical, so the print performance should be as well. Have you spoken with the print operators about what settings they're using when printing the labels? Adjusting the material type setting to something like labels or transparencies could potentially improve the way the material feeds through the printer and resolve some of the issues that you're seeing.

The weatherproof polyester material consists of a plastic film facestock which can be more prone to static buildup when compared to basic paper labels. Running smaller batches, like you've been doing, can certainly help with that. I'd continue having them run the sheets in shorter runs if at all possible.

Regarding our weatherproof material for inkjet printers - have you tried adjusting the material type setting on your home printer? Setting the material type to "Glossy" or "Photo" should dramatically improve the durability of the print.

I hope this information helps. If you need anything else please just let me know!