Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/21/2017 5:34:49 PM(EST)
mojo

United States

I purchased 100 sheets of OL177WX a number of years ago. I used them to cut my own labels in different shapes and sizes. I was going to use them this year and I can't peel them apart anymore. I loved them when they worked. I seem to have around 70 sheets that no longer work. Is it the age of the paper or am I doing something wrong?
#2 Posted : 4/22/2017 9:02:01 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Adhesive characteristics can change over time. Our normal recommended shelf-life for our products is 2-3 years assuming the labels are stored in a normal environment. This being said, we have samples of label sheets that we have kept on hand for 10 plus years and they are still performing well.

The OL177WX is a full sheet label (8.5" x 11") with no slits. This product is normally used with a cutting machine. If you cut it into individual pieces, it can be difficult to peel. Most users of that product do a kiss cut on just the face sheet using the cutting machine (only cut through the face sheet and not the liner / backing).

Here is a good article and links to a video on all the different full sheet label back slit options.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/full-sheet-label-options-for-any-project.htm

I see that you ordered the product within the last few years so I don't think that the adhesive properties should have changed much within that period assuming everything was stored in a normal manner at room temperature. Did anything change in your cutting process compared to the past? We would be happy to replace the product if we can establish there is actually an issue with the product / adhesive.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 4/22/2017 4:29:25 PM(EST)
mojo

United States

I watched your video, and tried again. Still no luck. I even took one from the center of the pack thinking the light may have had an effect. It was stored in the plastic it came in and was sitting on a desk next to the computer. Always room temperature. I can send them back to you if you'd like to check it out. Thanks.
#4 Posted : 4/23/2017 9:36:07 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for the information. That is definitely not a behavior I would expect from the adhesive. I will have one of our reps from our customer service team reach out to you to discuss the issue further and possibly work with you on some replacements if we can't figure out the problem.

Thanks for your business.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com