Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/1/2017 11:12:39 PM(EST)
songbird

Canada

Hi all!

I'd like to add some labels and stickers to my product line and I've been researching printers like crazy and I'm so torn on what to get. My understanding is that inkjet offers better picture quality but laser is the best option for waterproof labels like wine bottle labels, water bottles etc. I really need both, I want excellent image quality and for the labels not to run when they get wet. I'd love some suggestions! I'm willing to spend up to about $1000, if love to spend less if possible but I don't want to sacrifice quality and I don't want to outgrow the printer in a year. Speed is also a consideration.

Thank you!
Jaime
#2 Posted : 7/3/2017 9:17:55 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Are you looking for a dedicated label printer like a Primera (label printer that uses roll materials) or are you looking for a sheet-fed desktop laser / inkjet printer that you can use to print paper too? Are you just using white labels or are you considering printing clear labels too?

Do you have an idea of your monthly volume of labels?

Let me know and we can recommend some options.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#3 Posted : 7/3/2017 5:41:37 PM(EST)
songbird

Canada

I'd like a sheet fed desktop printer for printing gloss white, matte white and probably Kraft as well.
#4 Posted : 7/3/2017 5:47:42 PM(EST)
songbird

Canada

I'm currently considering the Canon Pixma Pro 100. How do the dye based inks perform on labels?
#5 Posted : 7/5/2017 10:30:48 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
songbird -

Thanks for you inquiry - I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I haven't had the opportunity to use the Canon Pixma Pro-100 myself, but I've used other Canon Pixma printer models and have had a lot of success across a wide variety of our label materials.

The Canon Pixma Pro-100 is very highly rated by customers who have completed our printer feedback surveys - every review that we have received has been positive. Our white gloss inkjet, weatherproof white gloss, weatherproof white matte, and brown kraft materials have all been reviewed favorably with this printer model.

Based on this feedback, the Canon Pixma Pro-100 does seem to be a solid choice. Our label materials are designed to work with both dye and pigment based inks - just remember to change the material type setting within your printer options to match whichever material you are attempting to print on.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.