Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/27/2017 12:59:09 PM(EST)
TykUser

United States

I have probably wasted about 2 dozen sheets trying to print out my labels. For every 4 sheets I waste I get one ok copy which allows me 3/4 of usable labels. Can anyone assist me? These labels are not cheap and before I spend a grand on a new printer please help.

There are 2 issues I am having. First is the obvious smearing. I usually clear out all paper and only feed 1 label into the tray, but the ink comes out smeared...dry but smeared. And his is on my home inkjet, work laserjet and even the professional printers at Office Depot

the other issue is, the labels don't line up. They are always on the edge I have adjusting but all it does it makes some labels print off the labels..

please help

#2 Posted : 9/27/2017 4:17:21 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues and I'll be happy to assist however I can. I was able to locate your account and see that you have ordered the weatherproof gloss inkjet on a few separate occasions. It looks like you spoke with someone in our customer service department this afternoon about replacing one order of labels that weren't working well for you. Have the other orders worked well for you? I'll inspect the package you're returning for defects as soon as it arrives back at our facility.

You mentioned running these labels in both inkjet and laser printers. This material is made specifically for inkjet printing, so you should be using it with an inkjet printer for the best possible results. If you are experiencing smearing or smudging when printing with an inkjet printer you should try adjusting the material type setting within the printer options to Photo or Glossy. Making this adjustment should considerably improve the print quality and durability of your labels.

Based on your description of the alignment problem it sounds like you may be dealing with a Page Scaling issue. Please visit the link below for our Printer Alignment Guide:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide.htm

This guide includes details on how to correctly set your Page Scaling, as well as other common tips to ensure your labels are properly aligned.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please just respond with additional details.