Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/20/2017 6:20:20 PM(EST)
Arae

United States

Hi all!

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply / transfer barcodes that were made on excel to the labels? If so any tips?

I have an excel sheet that I've created barcodes on for multiple SKU's & Batch numbers which will act as the 'master file'. I will need to change / update the batch number frequently. ( I would've preferred to have the barcodes made & printed by online label but unfortunately cannot due to how frequently they will need to be updated in addition to this I can't have a turnaround time more than a few hours.

The first Colum of the excel sheet contains all the data information and in the second Colum are the actual barcodes.

I've already saved the excel file as CSV. in hopes of being able to upload the barcodes via onlinelabel.com/maestro but was unsuccessful.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!
#2 Posted : 10/21/2017 9:04:22 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
This can be done using the bar code generator / merge feature that is built into Maestro Label Designer. You when you use the Bar code Generator under the Tools menu there is an option to generate Multiple Bar Codes from a list. You can will need to follow a certain format in your Excel document, but if you set up your document in the required format this definitely can be accomplished.

You can read our tutorial on generating bar codes in Maestro Label Designer at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/Barcodes/how-to-create-a-barcode.aspx

You can launch Maestro Label Designer at the link below at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro-label-design-software.htm

Let us know if you have any questions or need additional help once you have read the tutorial and tried the tool.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com