Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/27/2017 1:35:28 PM(EST)
felona

United States

What can I do to keep the color from printing on the top of each label? Even when I move the pink bar up to leave a small amount of white space at the bottom on the label, the pink still prints at the top of the next label.label
#2 Posted : 10/28/2017 8:10:23 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. There is always going to be some slight movement when the label sheets feed through the printer and you have to account for that in your design. Based on your image, it appears that the labels you are using have no spacing between them vertically. This is going to make it challenging to consistently produce labels that are in alignment.

I recommend that you check out printer alignment guide at the link below to see our most common recommendations.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide.htm

Here are my ideas on how to resolve the issue:

Option 1: Make an adjustment to your artwork.

You need your artwork to allow for some movement. I recommend getting rid of the pink bar at the bottom of your design or adding at least a 0.25" (1/4 of an inch) of white border or space at the bottom of the label below the pink bar so if the sheet moves a little while feeding through printer it will not have any impact.

Option 2: Change to a different label size / sheet configuration where there is vertical and horizontal spacing between the labels.

We offer a variety of label sizes and sheet configurations. You may want to consider seeing if we offer the label size you require in a label configuration where there is vertical and horizontal spacing between the labels. Spacing between the labels would allow for some movement and you would be able to bleed the pink over the edge the label without going into the label below or to the right / left of the labels. We have a money back policy on all our products and we would be happy to take back / credit for the existing product if you find something that we offer that would work better for your needs.

Option 3: Attempt to adjust your margins to correct for the issue - NOT RECOMMENDED.

Your artwork leaves no room for error. You can make adjustments in the software to account for the fact that the label is printing too low. To fix this, you would want to decrease (lower) the top margin by the amount it is off. In this case, it looks like you are off by 0.0625" (1/16" of an inch) or so. I don't feel this is going to be a good solution as this will likely be difficult to get consistently good labels. You would have to hit the design dead-on the label to avoid a sliver of pink or white at the top / bottom of the label design and this will be very challenging. You will likely throw a lot a labels away during the process.

I hope this information is helpful. Our customer service team is happy to work with you over the phone to help if you need to get your project completed right away. Assuming you are using our Maestro Label Designer software, our customer service team can access and view your designs to help make adjustments and recommendations on the phone. You can reach our customer service team at 1-888-575-2235 from 8:00 AM EST - 8:00 PM EST Monday - Friday and 11:00 AM EST - 4:00 PM EST on Saturdays.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com