Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/2/2018 10:38:30 PM(EST)
musicalmorena

Hi,

I recently ordered some gold and silver foil labels for an ink jet printer. My printer is printing the labels so that they look very faded, and the ink is not bonding to the paper properly. The ink is easily wiped off the label after coming out of the printer. The ink does set after sitting for a few minutes, but regardless, the print does not read clearly. It looks similar to the way a washable marker would look if drawn on laminated plastic - kind of like the ink the ink is beading up instead of setting. I hope this makes sense - it is hard to describe. I have tried changing the DPI as suggested in the printing tips and this makes no difference. I also changed my ink cartridge, but this did not help either.

I have tried changing a bunch of settings on my printer but nothing has worked and now I have several sheets of labels that will be unusable. Do you have any suggestions for how to get the print to bond better to the labels? I should mention I am printing on a Canon Pixma ink jet printer. Thank you.
#2 Posted : 1/3/2018 10:52:12 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

For most inkjet label materials, especially ones that are film or have a foil finish, the material will need to sit for a few minutes to ensure the ink sets properly. Attempting to use the labels immediately after they've left the printer can definitely result in smearing or smudging.

I've used the inkjet foil materials extensively in both a Canon PIXMA TS9120 and a Canon PIXMA iP2702. Using the Photo Glossy material setting typically provides the best possible print quality with this type of label material. If the print looks inconsistent you could potentially try increasing the quality setting as well. This should allow for more consistent ink coverage if you're not satisfied with the way the print looks using the normal print quality setting.

If you try making these adjustments and determine that these products won't work for you, we're happy to take back the unused sheets and provide a refund. You can initiate a product return by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.