Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/15/2018 9:56:06 PM(EST)
ddsmithwinery

United States

We've been using this label for 10 years. The past 8+ months we have had a very difficult time getting the label off the wine bottles. We recycle and need to be able to get these labels off. Has anyone had an issue with this label over the past 2 years?

Edited by user Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:56:36 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 2/16/2018 11:49:24 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
ddsmithwinery -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. We've been using the exact same label stock for our Weatherproof Matte Inkjet products for the past six years, with no adjustments made to the strength of the adhesive in that time frame. The adhesive used on our weatherproof materials is quite aggressive, as it does need to withstand contact with moisture and extreme conditions.

Are you using the same bottles you've always used in the past? It's possible that the adhesive could behave differently if anything's changed with the bottles.

We do have a guide with tips and suggestions on how to remove labels from various types of containers. You can view this guide by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Articles/howto_remove_labels

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 2/16/2018 12:09:33 PM(EST)
ddsmithwinery

United States

Hello,
We did change bottle distributor but they claimed they were the same bottles as previously purchased. This was approx. 2 years ago. We've also sent them a quality issue in regard to the bottles. Maybe something changed there. We will get to the bottom of it.....we enjoy recycling. We will also look at your suggestions to remove them in the future. Thank you
#4 Posted : 2/19/2018 11:37:35 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Please just let us know if we can help with anything else, or if you have questions about the guide that I linked to in my previous response. We'll be happy to assist in any way that we can.
#5 Posted : 3/30/2018 9:30:00 PM(EST)
Tootles

United States

I also use labels for my wine bottles and I recycle them as well...
I use OL125WR and it works really well. Give it a try...