Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/21/2018 11:04:26 AM(EST)
FaeLight_Tina

United States

Good Morning ~ New to Maestro and I am wondering if there is a way to lock an element in place. I am designing a round at the moment and I have used 2 circles to make a frame or border. Now when I am trying to reshape or move text it keeps grabbing one of the circles and trying to move it instead. I have sent them to the back but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help or point in the direction would be superb. And Thanks =)
#2 Posted : 3/22/2018 9:11:31 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Unfortunately, Maestro Label Designer does not feature the ability to lock design elements at this point in time. A locking feature has been discussed by the developer, and we hope to include the functionality in a future update to the software.

If you click on the text you're attempting to move you should notice a text box appear. Within the text box, when you move the mouse pointer directly over the text that you want to move you should see the pointer turn into a four-pointed cross. Clicking and dragging the text when the mouse pointer has the four-pointed cross appearance should allow you to move the text without interfering with your other design elements.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 9/13/2018 3:29:20 PM(EST)
epearlman

United States

FaeLight_Tina,

Locking is now available in Maestro Label Designer. You'll notice in the bottom right-hand corner of your canvas that there's an "Object List" button. If you click that, you can select, lock, and rearrange specific objects. Please let us know if you have any questions about the feature and thanks for posting!

Erin Pearlman, PR Coordinator