Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/4/2018 1:11:47 PM(EST)
Dr Mail

United States

Using Labels 1720-oval, I imported artwork that had sufficient image for bleed. But upon importing, the image is automatically cropped to fit the label size, thereby removing the bleed image. The only way I could see to achieve the bleed was to enlarge the entire image. But that also enlarges the graphics which is not good.
#2 Posted : 5/5/2018 7:11:43 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Unfortunately, Maestro Label Designer's built-in bleed functionality is not able to automatically add bleed to an uploaded image. The auto-bleed functionality will work correctly if you add colors or background colors using the color tools in Maestro Label Designer, but it is not able to automatically add bleed to an uploaded image. In order to add bleed to your uploaded image, you would need to go back to your original image and use an image editing tool (possibly Photoshop or something like that) to add the bleed to the image and then re-upload it into Maestro Label Designer.

Maestro Label Designer does not automatically crop an uploaded image. It will accept whatever you upload so you may need to scale up your image if you find after you upload it, it is not large enough to go over the edge of the die cut line on the label.

If your image has solid colors in the area where you need to add bleed then you may be able to use the color tools in Maestro Label to add a color background that matches the colors in your image to manually create the required bleed on your image.

Let me know if this information helps or if you need further clarification. We are happy to review your specific design and image to make recommendations. I would recommend that you contact us by phone at 1-888-575-2235 or submit a support ticket at https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx to discuss the specifics of your account since everything posted to this forum is public.

Thanks for your business.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com