Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/14/2018 5:25:28 PM(EST)
luker

We print thousands of item and bar code labels each week, mostly on the OL975 sheet stock which has 50 labels per sheet. Issue is we have to print exact number of labels for each item, for example if I need 428 labels (all same item number) I would have to print 8 full sheets then edit the design to print one sheet with 28 labels. This is how we manage now but it is very time consuming and prone to user calculation and/or design error.
We used to use "Label Factory Pro" which has the option when printing to select either "qty of sheets" or "qty of labels", so in the example above I would simply enter 428 in the qty of labels to print and the software would automatically print the 8 full sheets and then 8 labels on the 9th sheet.

Do you have this function somewhere and I just missed it? If not, could you add to your list of future enhancement? I think it would be quite valuable and don't think it would be that much trouble.

Thanks for your time.
#2 Posted : 6/14/2018 8:50:00 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
For our roll label templates in Maestro Label Designer, you do specify the number of labels required when printing. Unfortunately, when it comes to our sheeted label templates (like the templates for OL975) there isn't anything built into the print function that allows you to specify the number of labels that are printed since everything is based on the number of sheets required.

I can definitely pass this feedback onto our development team so they can consider adding a feature like this to a future version. Generally speaking, we discourage running a label sheet through the printer multiple times as it can increase the probability of a printer jam so that is likely the reason that we haven't built something into the software to specifically handle this functionality.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com