Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/25/2018 4:55:48 PM(EST)
Simplysplendid

United States

Just wondering since these are Polyester material can I use my sublimation printer instead?
#2 Posted : 6/26/2018 11:41:48 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. None of our label materials have been tested with sublimation printers but based on what I've read about the printing technology I do believe that the Weatherproof Polyester Laser material will likely be compatible.

All of our laser label materials are designed to accept toner that is fused to the surface of the sheet using heat. They will not accept dye-based ink that is applied as a liquid due to a special inkjet topcoat being required for that type of printing.

From what I understand, sublimation printing involves dye ink in a solid state being heat fused on to the desired surface. If that's the case then I imagine that the Weatherproof Polyester Laser label material should work out well, but we would definitely recommend trying samples before placing a large order. You can request free sample sheets by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 6/27/2018 3:09:20 PM(EST)
Simplysplendid

United States

Thank you , that does help. I will get so e samples and try them out.