Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/18/2018 7:41:35 AM(EST)
Pure Products Company

United States

Hello,

I am the owner of a company by the name of Pure Products Company. I am re-launching my business after years of inactivity. I specialize in the manufacturing and retail of my own brand of natural skincare and body products. Does anyone have a link to a website or have suggestions or advice on what makes a product label successful? What are some aspects should I pay close attention to?
#2 Posted : 7/20/2018 9:01:22 AM(EST)
jnieves

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there,

This is a great question! When designing a product label, there are a several things to consider that can set your business up for success. We have several articles on the subject that I think you'll find very helpful. Let's break down some of the basics.

Choosing A Material
Let's start with the label material. You want to make sure the material you pick is the right one for your job. If your products are going to be in contact with moisture or heavy-handling, consider using a weatherproof label. These labels will hold up and keep your product looking professional over long periods of time. The right label finish can also make a big difference for your end results. A brand looking to complement their sleek and modern personality may want to consider a white gloss or clear label, while those looking to accent an all-natural product may want to go with a brown kraft label.

Designing Your Label
One common theme we notice when examining the product labels of some of our most successful customers is how simple their designs are. Less is usually more. Make sure your logo or brand name is clearly readable. Try your best to keep the information on the label limited to what needs to be on there. This article goes into more detail on the "do's and don'ts" of product labeling. You will also want to take a closer look at your products to see if they fall under the purview of the FDA. Depending on the types of products you sell, you may have to include specific information on your labels before you can start selling!

Creating Your Brand
Once you have your business' themes in mind, take it to the next level by reinforcing your brand. Make sure all of your product labels appear like they are coming from the same company. Follow the tips outlined in this guide to really step up your store's perception.

For more inspiration, you can check out some of our customers selling bath and body care products at our Customer Ideas section.

We hope this information helps. Feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.